All Star Defenseman Rasmus Dahlin

Brawndo

46 minutes ago, Taro T said:

Was there anybody else even remotely getting consideration?  MAYBE Thompson.

Guess it's good to have a requirement that every team gets a rep.  Curious if people think he'd've gone even without that requirement.

I can't imagine he''d have gone without the everyone gets an award requirement.

Jack's break out season might be the only one where we'd have had a representative in the last decade. 

2 minutes ago, Weave said:

I mean, it could be worse.  We could be sending Drake Batherson to the all star game.

I got nuthin.  This sucks.  I used to enjoy these announcements.

If it's any consolation, the NHL all star game is, by miles, the worst all star game of the 4 major sports 

1 minute ago, Thorny said:

It's way worse. Look no further than the amount of players that decline

I disagree. It’s a completely different game, but it’s still really entertaining.

There’s only one way to play tackle football, and they don’t in the PB. It’s unwatchable.

• Like (+1) 2
  • Thanks (+1) 1

1 minute ago, SwampD said:

I disagree. It’s a completely different game, but it’s still really entertaining.

There’s only one way to play tackle football, and they don’t in the PB. It’s unwatchable.

Ya, was personally including the entirety of the experience and set up as well as the game itself. YMMV

15 minutes ago, SwampD said:

I agree, the NHL all star game is the only one I watch and I'd prefer to see at least one Sabre in it. I like the 3 on 3 tournament format. The Pro Bowl is boring and might as well be two hand touch, the NBA all star game has literally no defense, it's basically a slam dunk contest, and I don't watch baseball anymore. 

Congrats Rasmus, his first of many All Star games.

Edited by Amaru523

14 minutes ago, calti said:

participation trophy.    

Don't care. He will fit right in, skill-wise.

And let's hope that being around all that talent will give him the kick in the ass he needs to take ownership of just how good he is.

He already looked different tonight.

• Like (+1) 5

56 minutes ago, SwampD said:

Don't care. He will fit right in, skill-wise.

And let's hope that being around all that talent will give him the kick in the ass he needs to take ownership of just how good he is.

He already looked different tonight.

I agree.

But I think Donnie is already giving him the kick to take ownership. I think he’s been looking different for a month now. The talent is there. The character is there.

The fanbase is going to be slow to come around; I suspect they won’t until the team does.

The pieces are coming together.

• Like (+1) 2

This topic is OLD. A NEW topic should be started unless there is a VERY SPECIFIC REASON to revive this one.