IF the Sabres were to get Shane Wright

LGR4GM

Shane Wright  

39 members have voted

1. 1. What would you do with Shane Wright for the 2022 season?

• Leave him in the OHL since he lost the entire 2020 season due to Covid
    • Immediately sign him to the Sabres and get him ready to make the team out of camp
    • Sign him but let him know you plan to give him 9 games or less and return him to the OHL
    • I refuse to answer because I am unsure of how he will look
    • Other, comment below

25 minutes ago, SabresVet said:

There's no way I'm letting him wear 51.  Does he now know who Brian Campbell is?  

Well if he takes #15 as in the IIHF, I/we can tape over my/our Eichel jersey and put Wright over it. 😁😁

• Like (+1) 3
  • Awesome! (+1) 1

If the Sabres got Wright this board would spend next year complaining that he is not dynamic enough and will be a bust and that they should have drafted 5 other guys instead and that the organization is a joke because they should have won next year’s lottery instead because Bedard and Michkov will be 10000 times better and that everything is doomed forever!!!!😂🤣

• Haha (+1) 3

1 minute ago, Eleven said:

You should change your name to RebuildForever.

You missed my point. I'm saying that if we got Wright, you now have Wright Cozens Tage Krebs so I'd move Mitts out for toughness in some form. I think Tage has shown he is a center and I want him to stay there. Just work on his face offs. 

I keep Wright in junior for the final year where we let him build his size and maturity and be ready for the year after. Rushing kids is never a good idea. I'm speeding up the rebuild by doing it properly. 

• Like (+1) 1

First, I doubt we'll be so lucky to get him.  Since this thread is based on the assumption that we do get him, then my personal preference is to give him a chance to develop another year.  However, we all know how attendance has been and the business side of the Sabres may want to create a reason to get fans back in the stands.  Having Wright & Power on the roster may sell more tickets next season.

• Like (+1) 1

If the Sabres were somehow lucky enough to win the lottery again and draft Wright, you give him the opportunity to make the team and if he proves ready, he makes it.  If not, he goes back to juniors for more seasoning.  Most #1 overall picks come directly into the league, I think, athough I'm sure others on this board would be in a better position to state that than me.  In full disclousre, I've never seen Wright play and don't know much about him other than that he's the consensus #1 overall pick next year.

• Like (+1) 2

1 hour ago, Pimlach said:

I dint follow Jrs enough to know his readiness.  I would not rush him but you want to push him.  Can he play in the AHL or are there stupid senseless rules against it?  

There are stupid, senseless rules (unless you are the owner of a CHL team) against it.

• Like (+1) 1

1 hour ago, Flashsabre said:

If the Sabres got Wright this board would spend next year complaining that he is not dynamic enough and will be a bust and that they should have drafted 5 other guys instead and that the organization is a joke because they should have won next year’s lottery instead because Bedard and Michkov will be 10000 times better and that everything is doomed forever!!!!😂🤣

and?

2 hours ago, Flashsabre said:

You have a point. There’s a guy in this coming draft lacking generational talent, but who is the consensus top pick. But next year, they’ll be 2 generational talents. Next year is the true prize. I think I’ve heard this story before. 

The Sabres are going to ice about 1/3 of the roster next season of 23 year-olds and under who still need massive amounts of physical maturation, adaptation to NHL game speed and savvy vets, as well as the adjustment to full NHL salaries and living as an adult. If the Sabres pick Wright, he can get 9 games spread out over October and into November with plenty of press box time, then be given a laundry list of things to work on down in Kingston. No need to rush anything.

Yep.  Give him his 9 games & if he earns a full year call up, keep him up.  If he doesn't earn it & seems too small or whatever, let him follow the Sam Reinhart path (at least for the ELC years; for the love of all that's good & holy do NOT follow that path through the bridge years).

• Like (+1) 1
  • Thanks (+1) 1

1 hour ago, kas23 said:

You have a point. There’s a guy in this coming draft lacking generational talent, but who is the consensus top pick. But next year, they’ll be 2 generational talents. Next year is the true prize. I think I’ve heard this story before. 

This topic is OLD. A NEW topic should be started unless there is a VERY SPECIFIC REASON to revive this one.