GDT: Sabres @ Nashville MSG 8 PM EST

bob_sauve28

8 minutes ago, Pimlach said:

Hello Teamnates, Punch checking in. 

I have been watching the game while connecting, testing, and listening to my newly restored Marantz 2270 stereo receiver.  This one was built in 1976, one of the last ones built according to serial numbers.  

This now completely restored classic should last another 50 years.  Back in the day, Marantz was known for beauty, high quality,  and great sound.  I think this particular restoration is amazing and captured the sound of it’s day.  That new components are still breaking in and impressing me.  This little beauty can easily fill a big room with great sound. It has two phono inputs (great for vinyl lovers), one aux input and two tape inputs - the later three inputs are line inputs compatible with any of today’s modern audio devices - CD/DVD, outboard DACs, blue tooth streaming devices, etc. . 

It can drive two speaker sets which means a sub (or two) is easy to do.  The preamp and power amp can be separated on the back panel if you have better separate components to match up with it.  It had a AM/FM tuner to pull in radio (old school).  

The solid aluminum face plate, the push button switches and smooth dials provide effective and pleasant manual controls for bass, midrange, treble, loudness, balance and numerous audio filters.  It has headphone jacks and recording monitors.  The blue lighting, classic dials, and meters give it a warm and a classic look of mid century Americana.  It is a statement piece   I will be having a replica Marantz American Walnut wood case built for it next.  

You would have to spend many, many thousands of dollars to get something of this sound quality today.   This rivals my best custom/modern equipment.  

The Sabres are kicking Azz.  So great night for Punch, and Mrs Punch too. I just can’t concentrate on hockey with this baby coming off of the work bench.  

4DDE5DA5-2677-4E68-97DF-DF9D08A0661C.thumb.jpeg.f8133af2ea6630f211ac4ba0f6a2d55f.jpeg

A9F09D8C-5A36-44C7-81A0-85568E603249.thumb.jpeg.a38acfa921019465493526d64a978604.jpeg

Lets finish this game !  

What current AV receiver does an audiophile like yourself own?

4 minutes ago, Nitro60 said:

If you offered me this or the Twins from my high school in 1976....sorry ladies.  Sweet piece of stereo technology.  Makes my old technics look like trash.  

Technics was all about the turntables.  My 40-year-old SL-D2 is still going strong.

• Thanks (+1) 1

Our lack of talent be damned. Tonight it didn’t matter. The guys played great. Dell played great. Loved his hit on the sidewall. I was ok with the response/lack of response on the hit on Dell. We were up and managed to not get penalized but in a mean nothing win in a wins don’t matter season maybe there could have been a fist to face response but oh well. The guys played smart. Dahlin used his size all night. Not much to complain about. Congrats Dell on your first win.

• Like (+1) 3

4 minutes ago, Slack_in_MA said:

Was there ever any doubt? 😀

Not really but only because I played to Hockey Gods with my admonishment.

6 minutes ago, Nitro60 said:

Very happy for Dell.  He took a beating but won. 

He dished it out too, which was more impressive.

• Like (+1) 2
  • Thanks (+1) 1

Just now, thewookie1 said:

Great win

Dahlin played a great game in both ends; even threw a giant hit on a guy with about 7 minutes left

Dell got a win, he certainly earned it.

Any idea why our team seems only interested in playing teams in the Central lol?

We are 4-0 against the Central thus far

And our last wins were winnipeg and minnesota!

It's because I attend all central games in person 

• Like (+1) 1

This topic is OLD. A NEW topic should be started unless there is a VERY SPECIFIC REASON to revive this one.