Houser signed to 1 year NHL Deal, Dell called Up

Brawndo

If we think Levi is ready for the AHL...I'm somewhat enticed by the idea because, as much as people say not to worry about it, there IS the added benefit of getting him locked up, now. You'd have to be sure he'd be ok in the AHL. 

I'm very eager to see him against pros but if they think his dev is best served where he is, just leave him there. 

How cool would it be though if he came in here and played well until the end of the season. Outlook completely changes. 

21 minutes ago, Thorny said:

If we think Levi is ready for the AHL...I'm somewhat enticed by the idea because, as much as people say not to worry about it, there IS the added benefit of getting him locked up, now. You'd have to be sure he'd be ok in the AHL. 

I'm very eager to see him against pros but if they think his dev is best served where he is, just leave him there. 

How cool would it be though if he came in here and played well until the end of the season. Outlook completely changes. 

On the flip side, they pull him out of college and he gets lit up on Roch... then what?  

I hope he stays in school, for another year even...  more so for Portillo.

• Like (+1) 2

1 hour ago, pi2000 said:

On the flip side, they pull him out of college and he gets lit up on Roch... then what?  

Leave them in college for 1.5 more years and there is a good chance one or both leave.

I do honestly think Levi might be ready for AHL hockey. Plus at least then Rochester actually has a prospect goalie instead of a myriad of randomly generated names.

• Like (+1) 2

11 minutes ago, Scottysabres said:

There is no help coming...

Not now.....

Not next season.....

We're better off putting a Japanese life size adult companion robot doll in net, at least the glove hand and blocker will be fast enough to cover both the high and low space of the net.......

You give me the female Japanese life size adult companion robot doll and I’ll tend net😁

• Haha (+1) 1

6 hours ago, PromoTheRobot said:

Who's to say anyone he might have signed would be injured now? Maybe he could have signed 6 goaltenders just in case? All blue-chippers.

Promo, he placed his trust in a 40 year old, and as a backup, he signed a trashcan, FFS.  Let's be intellectually honest here.  Adams did not adequately address goaltending.

Edited by Eleven
  • Like (+1) 2
  • Haha (+1) 2
  • Awesome! (+1) 1
  • Thanks (+1) 2

37 minutes ago, Eleven said:

Promo, he placed his trust in a 40 year old, and as a backup, he signed a trashcan, FFS.  Let's be intellectually honest here.  Adams did not adequately address goaltending.

I think Kevyn Adams, a gut who's won a cup, would know what kind of goaltending you need. I have to believe he did not want to overpay a free agent, assuming any free agent would have even come here. Anderson might have been the best option he had, other than Ullmark maybe.

Edited by PromoTheRobot

4 hours ago, Brawndo said:

I wonder if the Sabres follow in the Canes Lead with Lafontaine from University of Minnesota and ask Portillo or Levi if they want to sign their ELC early. 

I’m not advocating for this move BTW. 

Interesting. I would not be surprised if either is better than Houser or Dell immediately.

But I'm not sure if it is in either player's best interest, or the team's.

Is there a guy on an AHL or Euro deal that might be signed the same way?

4 hours ago, pi2000 said:

He still is an improvement over Robson? Worst-case scenario he starts in the ECHL at 20 like UPL did. There's no real risk there.

Ordinarily, I'd agree with you on a 2nd year in the NCAA being better for him. But I also believe the best way to retard growth is to keep a player at a level where he's not being challenged.

There's no way Jack Eichel was going back to Boston University after one year because he had nothing left to prove. If Levi continues the path he's on, it will be the same situation.

• Like (+1) 1

22 hours ago, PromoTheRobot said:

I think Kevyn Adams, a gut who's won a cup, would know what kind of goaltending you need. I have to believe he did not want to overpay a free agent, assuming any free agent would have even come here. Anderson might have been the best option he had, other than Ullmark maybe.

I don't care if he's got Randy's gut, which is not only Cup-worthy, but Nobel-worthy.  He made a mistake.

• Thanks (+1) 1

This topic is OLD. A NEW topic should be started unless there is a VERY SPECIFIC REASON to revive this one.