UPL out week to week, Subban Month to Month

Brawndo

6 hours ago, thewookie1 said:

Dell is our 5th string goalie at this point

He technically doesn’t need to be an NHL goalie.

Anderson is 40, he wasn’t a greatly durable 1G but one would of thought we could get 25 games out of him.

Tokarski was our 2G and ended up getting serious enough COVID to keep him out 6+ weeks.

UPL was supposed to be out 1G but ended up out 3G. Played well, now he’s hurt as well.

We grabbed Subban for free to force Dell down to 5G. He’s been spotty but now he’s hurt.

There isn’t a team in the NHL that has 5 goalies deep depth that does so purposely.

The crazy idea that RJ and Rayzor floated during last night’s Lightning game was for RJ to suit up as the emergency goalie if Subban had to leave the game. Made me wonder if this was going to be a David Ayres redux with a Steve Dangle scream fest to follow.

15 hours ago, Taro T said:

Well, when nearly all your goalies are AHLers being asked to play against NHLers there would seem to be a possibility that some will need to try to make their bodies do things they simply aren't capable of doing.  That they all have done that is rather excessive but not completely unexpected, especially after what we saw in a shortened season 1 year prior.

Get actual NHL goalies & watch the injury bug fade.

This is the best articulation I've seen of something I've suspected for... well, for forever. Injury "bugs" are more about talent than bad luck. I always thought of this when on bad Bills team the offensive linemen went down like dominos in the preseason.

• Like (+1) 1
  • Thanks (+1) 1

16 hours ago, Taro T said:

Well, when nearly all your goalies are AHLers being asked to play against NHLers there would seem to be a possibility that some will need to try to make their bodies do things they simply aren't capable of doing.  That they all have done that is rather excessive but not completely unexpected, especially after what we saw in a shortened season 1 year prior.

Get actual NHL goalies & watch the injury bug fade.

Getting NHL defensemen who clear the front of the net would probably help, as well.

• Like (+1) 6

22 minutes ago, PASabreFan said:

This is the best articulation I've seen of something I've suspected for... well, for forever. Injury "bugs" are more about talent than bad luck. I always thought of this when on bad Bills team the offensive linemen went down like dominos in the preseason.

17 minutes ago, SwampD said:

Getting NHL defensemen who clear the front of the net would probably help, as well.

Numbers 1 and 2 on things GMKA has to get right next season: NHL-level goaltending and NHL-level defencive defencemen.  This season would not look as bleak currently if we had a bit more talent and health from the blue-line back.

I give GMKA a pass on Tokarski's COVID-19.  You can't plan to have a goaltender you sign to miss most of the season with illness.  I do not give him a pass anywhere else with the goaltending.

Edited by Marvin, Sabres Fan
  • Like (+1) 3

The only time that I can remember a non-tank season where they needed five goalies was 1995-96. 

Biron record was 0-2

Blue record was 2-2

Hasek was 22-30-6

Shields was 1-0

Trefilov was 8-8-1

But even then, that hardly compares. All of those guys were NHL level or NHL level prospects. 

This is nuts. 

• Like (+1) 1
  • Thanks (+1) 1

1 hour ago, French Collection said:

Used for opening up steel drums.

No, it's for administering lower head concussions.

To catch you up:

On 1/12/2022 at 7:52 AM, Mustache of God said:

One of those damned lower-body concussions. 

On 1/12/2022 at 11:23 AM, inkman said:

No one wants a lower head concussion

On 1/12/2022 at 11:24 AM, The Ghost of Yuri said:

I can assure you that someone, somewhere, is into that kind of *****.

14 hours ago, FogBat said:

Just when I thought I’d seen it all…

You may be right. I just can’t wrap my head around that

😉

On 1/12/2022 at 11:23 AM, The Ghost of Yuri said:

List of Sabres goalies:

• John "Stumpy" Pepys (1964–1966) Died in a bizarre gardening accident that the authorities said was "best left unsolved."
  • Eric "Stumpy Joe" Childs (1966–1967). Choked on vomit of unknown origin, perhaps but not necessarily his own, because "you can't really dust for vomit."
  • Peter "James" Bond (1967–1977) Spontaneously combusted on stage during a jazz-blues or blues-jazz festival on the Isle of Lucy, leaving behind what has been described alternately as a "globule" or a "stain".
  • Mick Shrimpton (1977–1982) Exploded onstage.
  • Joe "Mama" Besser (1982) Claimed he "couldn't take this 4/4 *****"; according to an MTV interview with Spinal Tap in November 1991, he disappeared along with the equipment during their Japanese tour. He is either dead or playing jazz.
  • Richard "Ric" Shrimpton (1982–1999). Allegedly sold his dialysis machine for drugs; presumed dead.
  • Sammy "Stumpy" Bateman (1999–2001). Died trying to jump over a tank full of sharks while on a tricycle in a freak show.
  • Scott "Skippy" Scuffleton (2001–2007). Fate unknown.
  • Chris "Poppa" Cadeau (2007–2008). Eaten by his pet python Cleopatra.

No wait, those are Spinal Tap drummers.

The Hockey Guy mentioned the comparison between Sabres goalies and Spinal Tap drummers in his recap of the 1/13 games.  I lol'ed.  Cued up to that spot in the video:

This topic is OLD. A NEW topic should be started unless there is a VERY SPECIFIC REASON to revive this one.