I've lost total respect for nine Sabres

Doohickie

Love to see the grins and humor among this group… Good chemistry… Now if they can convert their off-ice camaraderie… to on-ice killer instinct…

• Like (+1) 1

57 minutes ago, Believer said:

Love to see the grins and humor among this group… Good chemistry… Now if they can convert their off-ice camaraderie… to on-ice killer instinct…

This kind of stuff has been done with every Sabres team in the Internet era and it means absolutely nothing re: chemistry/camaraderie.

Back to Teen Beat.

13 minutes ago, Huckleberry said:

former colleague of mine was same, didn't know any bands or any movies.  Really didn't care about all of that.

I'm pretty ignorant on a lot of them, both bands and movies.  There come times when other things are more important.  Hell I even missed most of the 1980s and a good chunk of the 1990s Sabres.

On 1/8/2022 at 11:44 AM, PASabreFan said:

This kind of stuff has been done with every Sabres team in the Internet era and it means absolutely nothing re: chemistry/camaraderie.

Back to Teen Beat.

You and I will disagree then… My read of those faces and hearing their words  says it is genuine healthy chemistry between teammates… an essential attribute in a young team experiencing the mostly downs of an early rebuild… 

• Thanks (+1) 1

11 minutes ago, woods-racer said:

I like Nickleback. Concerts seem like a lot fun.

Ice fishing seems like a very cold way to be board while drinking beer. Let alone having to wonder when the ice will give way and you fall in.

I'm drinking beer while listen to Nickleback somewhere warm.

434987452_200(10)(1).gif.4f6dc587c112b9740da640e82105ee06.gif

Ice fishing is fun. You're in a warm cabin (like t-shirt warm) drinking (lots of drinking), fishing, music (no Nickelback), and great food, including fresh fish. 

A good cabin has beds, cooking facilities, BBQs, sinks, outhouses, etc. I know a guy who bases his whole winter around it.

Edited by JoeSchmoe
  • Like (+1) 1
  • Awesome! (+1) 1

Yeah I think many are under the impression that ice-fishing is like standing outside in -20 degrees and freezing your a%% off when in reality the new ice huts are pretty much like a mini-home with all kinds if cool and useful things like heaters, fridges, and even port-a-potties...think I'd rather spend a few hours in one then a few hours enduring Nickleback...

On 1/8/2022 at 12:41 AM, The Ghost of Yuri said:

This has nothing to do with Covid or politics or anything like that.  But I can't believe the answers to this simple question.

I totally lost respect for the Sabres putting these guys in that position... but the guys who willingly chose Nickelback attall... need to leave right now and go to reeducation camp.... Ice Fishing is ok, good when nothing else to do in the middle of winter and you need to get away from the family... still Nickelback sounds like someone having a bowel movement. 

• Haha (+1) 1

I've never understood the disdain for Nickelback.  They about sex and drugs.  I like 'em, but I like Hinder more.

I was in the Coast Guard.  Watching our guys risk their lives to save morons who won't get off the melting ice makes me hate ice fishing, and I laugh now when I see how truly stupid people can be.  "Lemme take my $50k truck and my $50k trailer out onto the ice so I can catch $50.00 worth of pike!"

Screenshot 2022-01-10 080831.png

• Like (+1) 1
  • Haha (+1) 4

10 minutes ago, BuffalOhio said:

I've never understood the disdain for Nickelback.  They about sex and drugs.  I like 'em, but I like Hinder more.

I was in the Coast Guard.  Watching our guys risk their lives to save morons who won't get off the melting ice makes me hate ice fishing, and I laugh now when I see how truly stupid people can be.  "Lemme take my $50k truck and my $50k trailer out onto the ice so I can catch $50.00 worth of pike!"

Nickelback is music for people that aren't musicians.  

Maybe I can help here.  Nickelback is to Hunts as Nirvana is to Heinz.  They are the musical equivalent of answering "I work too hard" when describing your biggest weakness during a job interview.  If Nickelback was a StarWars movie they would be the Phantom Menace.  

• Haha (+1) 1

41 minutes ago, BuffalOhio said:

It's the guys pushing the envelope late season who end up in trouble. 

Ice fishing is a ton of work and very little payoff.  The reward isn't the catch, it's being with fishing buddies that you haven't seen in a while.  Like a dude's version of Thanksgiving.

Edited by Indabuff
That'll buff out
  • Like (+1) 1

20 minutes ago, SHAAAUGHT!!! said:

Nickelback is music for people that aren't musicians.  

Maybe I can help here.  Nickelback is to Hunts as Nirvana is to Heinz.  They are the musical equivalent of answering "I work too hard" when describing your biggest weakness during a job interview.  If Nickelback was a StarWars movie they would be the Phantom Menace.  

None of those comparisons make any sense to me.  Are you saying Hunts and Heinz are significantly different from each other?

• Like (+1) 1
  • Haha (+1) 1

This topic is OLD. A NEW topic should be started unless there is a VERY SPECIFIC REASON to revive this one.