Jack Quinn: call up candidate and AHL terror

LGR4GM

Leave him down there and let him dominate and maybe win some games and have fun. We have seen a little peek.  There are no mentors and no benefit to him playing up there.   Playing in Buffalo will not help his development right now.  They are a complete mess.   When they decide they want to get serious about hockey in Buffalo then they should call up their best AHL prospect.  

• Like (+1) 2

14 hours ago, JohnC said:

Let's assume that Quinn becomes the player that many expect him to become. What players in the NHL would you compare him to from a style and potential production standpoint? 

I'd say his peak would be akin to a more dynamic scoring-wise Mark Stone.

From the Sam Reinhart comparison I would say, that's fair assessment only he'd be Reinhart with a better shot and a definite snarl to his game. One thing he certainly has far more than Reinhart is snarl and grit. Reinhart could take a lot, but rarely gave it back. Quinn seems to take a lot but be very willing to return the favor.

• Like (+1) 1

5 hours ago, Pimlach said:

Leave him down there and let him dominate and maybe win some games and have fun. We have seen a little peek.  There are no mentors and no benefit to him playing up there.   Playing in Buffalo will not help his development right now.  They are a complete mess.   When they decide they want to get serious about hockey in Buffalo then they should call up their best AHL prospect.  

I'm leaning more toward this way of thinking with each passing game.  I've wanted to see each of these players up here for at least a few games just to see where they are in their development, Samuelsson being the latest example.  I'm beginning to feel, however, that there is little to be gained for any of our prospects by being here this season.  Honestly, entertainment and hope have also been motivations for seeing these guys up here this year.  With the exception of injuries or COVID, let the kids develop with the Amerks this season.

10 hours ago, Pimlach said:

No mentors... I mean Tuch is here but okay

I was wrong here.  I admit it, I will say that I thought he was a fantastic prospect, just not where they were taking him.  Well, this year....he's looked good.  Even in his only game in the NHL, he looked like the best player on the ice at times. 

• Like (+1) 1

41 minutes ago, Rasmus_ said:

I was wrong here.  I admit it, I will say that I thought he was a fantastic prospect, just not where they were taking him.  Well, this year....he's looked good.  Even in his only game in the NHL, he looked like the best player on the ice at times. 

I thought others were going to be better but other than Jarvis, everyone else is following in Quinns wake including Rossi

• Like (+1) 1
  • Awesome! (+1) 1

1 minute ago, LGR4GM said:

I thought others were going to be better but other than Jarvis, everyone else is following in Quinns wake including Rossi

I counter with Lundell, but like I said, we cannot really look in the past, just moving forward.  Overall, I can live with a stellar one two in JJ and Quinn in the minors right now.  

• Like (+1) 1

On 1/17/2022 at 6:25 AM, JohnC said:

Let's assume that Quinn becomes the player that many expect him to become. What players in the NHL would you compare him to from a style and potential production standpoint? 

Logan Couture

• Like (+1) 1

16 minutes ago, Crusader1969 said:

Ho-hum   Another game and another bar down goal where the goalie had no chance    
I know they are trying to make him an “elite” NHL player  maybe the coach said “exceptional” but I think Quinn should get a week or two with the Sabres 

Is it a thing at all that even with all that production he’s a -6? 

51 minutes ago, kas23 said:

He’s done being developed. He has nothing else to prove in Rochester. This is the time to get him warmed up for next year. He can’t do that in the AHL. 

Only reason to send him back is if you are going to get him in the weight room more. 

imagine 176lb Quinn at 196lbs... omg he's going to be a nightmare on the pp alone. 

On 1/18/2022 at 4:45 PM, Rasmus_ said:

I counter with Lundell, but like I said, we cannot really look in the past, just moving forward.  Overall, I can live with a stellar one two in JJ and Quinn in the minors right now.  

I think the interesting thing is that in that tier of the draft there are 4-5 guys that at this point look like a toss up for who will be best. What an insane draft it really was. 2019 and 2020 were just crazy deep for forward talent. 

This topic is OLD. A NEW topic should be started unless there is a VERY SPECIFIC REASON to revive this one.