Jack Quinn: call up candidate and AHL terror

LGR4GM

I just noticed we don't really have Jack Quinn thread. 

Poor guy had mono and that really slowed him for the last month but he's back to being a force in the AHL. I'm hopeful to see him in a handful of games by the end of the month. 

He's currently in about 7th for the AHL scoring race while playing multiple games less than those above him. He's 3 points out of second and 8 points out of first if you count his 1g 1a night so far. 

• Like (+1) 1
  • Thanks (+1) 1

On 1/16/2022 at 8:26 AM, LGR4GM said:

Jack Quinn is 3rd in the AHL for ppg with a minimum of 15 games.

Let's assume that Quinn becomes the player that many expect him to become. What players in the NHL would you compare him to from a style and potential production standpoint? 

9 minutes ago, JohnC said:

Let's assume that Quinn becomes the player that many expect him to become. What players in the NHL would you compare him to from a style and potential production standpoint? 

Pasternak is the easiest one. Same incredible skill and insane hand eye coordination. Is equal parts playmaker and sniper.

• Like (+1) 2
  • Thanks (+1) 1

44 minutes ago, Thorny said:

That would be the ceiling, not the expectation 

I would agree with that. Points/production wise … My expectations would be like Reinhart. A 55-65 points per year player. Not a very physical player. But not shy to lay the body once in a while like Okposo.

• Like (+1) 1

18 minutes ago, Zamboni said:

I would agree with that. Points/production wise … My expectations would be like Reinhart. A 55-65 points per year player. Not a very physical player. But not shy to lay the body once in a while like Okposo.

Oh idk if I would put Reinhart and Quinn on the Sabres level physically. Quinn has a real nasty side.

Quinns hat trick the other night was against an NHL caliber goaltender which makes it even better to me. 

That shot on his second goal 😍

The pass from Muel on the hattie goal was gorgeous too. 

Not to mention the bank shot off Mersch haha. 

I welcome his continued development.

• Like (+1) 1

5 hours ago, Zamboni said:

Don’t agree with the physical part of this.   He’s fought at least once ,  he’s always playing with a snarl.   

4 hours ago, Zamboni said:

No no not physically. Just production wise I can see him in the same neighborhood as Sammy.

Has a much better shot, especially at the same age.  

This topic is OLD. A NEW topic should be started unless there is a VERY SPECIFIC REASON to revive this one.