Does Rasmus Dahlin need a change of Scenery?

Crusader1969

Do we still believe Dahlin needs a change of Scenery?  

44 members have voted

1. 1. Does Rasmus Dahlin need a change of scenery?

• YES
    • NO

Change of scenery?   I don’t want to trade him, so no.  

Although I’ll bet he would be happier and would thrive on a strong contender.  

He needs to play with better people.  All he knows is losing, coaching changes, and promises for the future.  

• Like (+1) 1

One would have to think, if the Sabres had any plans of moving Dahlin over to play the right side once Power is here, that they'd be experimenting a bit with Dahlin on the right. 

As far as I know his time on the right this season thus far has been negligible. 

Perhaps non-existent. But I haven't seen every game. 

2 hours ago, Thorny said:

One would have to think, if the Sabres had any plans of moving Dahlin over to play the right side once Power is here, that they'd be experimenting a bit with Dahlin on the right. 

As far as I know his time on the right this season thus far has been negligible. 

Perhaps non-existent. But I haven't seen every game. 

He is used to playing RD, he has done nothing but play RD growing up.  I'm really not worried to him switching to RD if needed.

Power - Dahlin
Samuelsson - Joker
Bryson - Pysyk

That being said would prefer a solid 1RD option, drafting Nemec should help.

14 hours ago, Huckleberry said:

He is used to playing RD, he has done nothing but play RD growing up.  I'm really not worried to him switching to RD if needed.

Power - Dahlin
Samuelsson - Joker
Bryson - Pysyk

That being said would prefer a solid 1RD option, drafting Nemec should help.

You have a source for the bolded?

Im pretty sure when he was playing as a pro in the SHL at 16-17, he played almost exclusively on the left side.

14 hours ago, Norcal said:

He needs a mentor 

Right now Dahlin is our best blue-liner by far. What he needs more than a mentor is a better support system i.e better players around him, including the forward lines. My fear is because of this constant losing he becomes discouraged with his situation and takes the Jack route of demanding to be moved. During Rasmus's multi-year stint he has been subjected to constant losing, no playoffs and now mostly empty home arenas. That has got to be dispiriting. 

Playing in this covid environment is challenging in of itself for every team in all sports. In addition, I really worry about players such as Dahlin who are expected to be one of our core players. The psychology of constant losing can beat down your players. When one of those players is one of your younger and more talented players then it becomes a concern.  

• Like (+1) 1

1 hour ago, Crusader1969 said:

Glad to see things tilt in his direction 

though, I’m guessing 1 mishap on the PP and all the great things he has been doing will be forgotten by a section of Sabres fans.  

Completely unfair misrepresentation of the criticism he received.  Noone was lambasting 1 PP mishap (Inky!).  They were lambasting 1 PP mishap cascading into a collapse of his game overall, to the point he becomes a liability in that game.

It appears so far that he is getting past that.  Credit coaching I assume.  He can afford one mistake on the PP when he recovers and he continues to play at the level he is capable of.

• Thanks (+1) 1

30 minutes ago, Weave said:

Completely unfair misrepresentation of the criticism he received.  Noone was lambasting 1 PP mishap (Inky!).  They were lambasting 1 PP mishap cascading into a collapse of his game overall, to the point he becomes a liability in that game.

It appears so far that he is getting past that.  Credit coaching I assume.  He can afford one mistake on the PP when he recovers and he continues to play at the level he is capable of.

I disagree. It was 3 high-profile gaffes in 2 games that led to goals that had multiple posters saying he should be benched or sent down to the minors, ignoring the fact that overall he had been and continues to be the team’s best defenceman.

It was a big-time over-reaction to the confluence of a handful of sloppy plays, that continues to jaundice the views of many as to what his overall effectiveness is and has been.

Edited by dudacek

21 minutes ago, dudacek said:

I disagree. It was 3 high-profile gaffes in 2 games that led to goals that had multiple posters saying he should be benched or sent down to the minors, ignoring the fact that overall he had been and continues to be the team’s best defenceman.

It was a big-time over-reaction to the confluence of a handful of sloppy plays, that continues to jaundice the views of many as to what his overall effectiveness is and has been.

It may have been an overreaction, but those plays got in his head and his overall play was detrimental to the team while those plays were in his head.  It was a rough stretch.  Being the best defenseman during that time wasn’t a testament to that stretch of play, it was a testament to how weak this team is that a guy playing that badly was still the best option.

7 minutes ago, Kruppstahl said:

He is already a bust;  he'll be traded eventually.

He had a really solid game recently but it's not there.

He'll never be a Norris trophy candidate.

And then there is this guy.  Lol

• Haha (+1) 4

This topic is OLD. A NEW topic should be started unless there is a VERY SPECIFIC REASON to revive this one.