GDT: Sharks at Sabres 7PM Jan 6, 2022

Brawndo

3 minutes ago, LGR4GM said:

Can we talk about how nonsensical the star wars universe is. it is a convoluted mess of nonsense and I am just talking about the Skywalker saga, episodes 1-9.

Not having someone like Kevin Fiege overseeing the story lines of Episodes 7-9 and having Lawrence Kasdan only write 5,6 and 7 hurt. 

• Thanks (+1) 1

2 minutes ago, thewookie1 said:

Year 2 of the Sabres going into a COVID break playing well and leaving it looking like a squad of Mites

Didn't the lose like 21 of 26 or something heading in? They weren't playing that well lol. Hard? sure 

• Like (+1) 2

1 minute ago, Thorny said:

Ep. 9 ruined the sequels for me b/c bringing palpatine back weakens the OT and is dumb. Still think TLJ is a great movie though. 

When I marathon SW I generally just watch Episodes 1-6, the Lucas chapters - the cohesive narrative is what I look for in a series. Sequel trilogy wasn't properly planned. 

Or, more accurately, I watch episodes 4-6 followed by 1-3. *Always* order of release, always. 

When I think about LOTR and the 9 Star Wars films, I am like oof, what a waste of awesome source material. I didn't hate the Force Awakens, it was fine and then things just stopped being logical. Why is there a new rebellion that is an underfunded dumpster fire? Why Luke a dick? How can Leia fly in space and survive? They basically made Jedi demi-gods and then the lightsabre battles... BARF. The best lightsabre battle in all star wars was in the only good star wars movie of the last decade, Rogue One.

Speaking of which... check this out.

and what a real lightsabre battle would look like without jedi powers

• Awesome! (+1) 1

Tried to listen on GR. Well the team sucks, the owners suck, and it's only reasonable the audacy app would suck. Sports talk,seven straight stupid commercials and no Sabres game......... Guess it's merciful by the sounds of it here. Pegulas just f everything up they get near I guees. Night guys.

6 minutes ago, LGR4GM said:

When I think about LOTR and the 9 Star Wars films, I am like oof, what a waste of awesome source material. I didn't hate the Force Awakens, it was fine and then things just stopped being logical. Why is there a new rebellion that is an underfunded dumpster fire? Why Luke a dick? How can Leia fly in space and survive? They basically made Jedi demi-gods and then the lightsabre battles... BARF. The best lightsabre battle in all star wars was in the only good star wars movie of the last decade, Rogue One.

Speaking of which... check this out.

and what a real lightsabre battle would look like without jedi powers

I'm not THAT big on rogue one because i'm not THAT big on spin-offs. But it's well made definitely. 

Agree on the demi-god thing, but my favourite light sabre battles are the ones in the OT. Luke/Vader in ESB I think takes the cake. It's the tone and atmosphere and tension that makes these things, not the  "wow" factor with crazy powers they seemed to focus on once the CGI got heavy 

Edited by Thorny

This topic is OLD. A NEW topic should be started unless there is a VERY SPECIFIC REASON to revive this one.