Confirmed by Corey Pronman Owen Power selected for the Canadian Olympic Team

Brawndo

• Brawndo changed the title to Confirmed by Corey Pronman Owen Power selected for the Canadian Olympic Team
5 minutes ago, Brawndo said:

Apparently Krebs, Devon Levi and Quinn are on Canada’s Radar. 

Krebs and Quinn have NHL Deals, which would probably prohibit them 

Quinn might be okay because his contract is not active due to not playing 9 nhl games, correct?

4 minutes ago, Wyldnwoody44 said:

So NHL players can't go correct? That doesn't apply to college players drafted by NHL clubs? How about players on 2 way contracts like Krebs?

All so confusing. 

Krebs isn't on a 2way deal.

I think it’s a mistake if the players go. If they have a Covid outbreak while in China they could be forced to quarantine there for weeks. That’s why NHL players aren’t going.

”The International Olympic Committee has said an athlete who tests positive for COVID-19 in China will need to produce two negative results 24 hours apart. If they’re unable to do so, the quarantine period could last from three to five weeks.”

https://apnews.com/article/coronavirus-pandemic-winter-olympics-nhl-sports-health-f22d18ce32b142ce1f0530d8243ced0e

• Thanks (+1) 1

1 minute ago, LGR4GM said:

Probably. They could also look at Sebastian Cossa who would have the size requirement that plagues goalie evaluation (he's 6'6"). 

Considering Cossa was Canada’s #3 in this year’s WJC and Levi set records as the #1 at last year’s and has only gotten better, I would be surprised if Cossa was ahead of Levi in the pecking order.

Im not counting on there being an Olympics and if I’m Northeastern there is no way I can afford to lose Levi for a few weeks. That said, I’d love to see him and Power go, win gold, and sign here immediately after, just like Ramsey and McClanahan.

• Like (+1) 1

9 minutes ago, pastajoe said:

I think it’s a mistake if the players go. If they have a Covid outbreak while in China they could be forced to quarantine there for weeks. That’s why NHL players aren’t going.

”The International Olympic Committee has said an athlete who tests positive for COVID-19 in China will need to produce two negative results 24 hours apart. If they’re unable to do so, the quarantine period could last from three to five weeks.”

https://apnews.com/article/coronavirus-pandemic-winter-olympics-nhl-sports-health-f22d18ce32b142ce1f0530d8243ced0e

This was a big issue for NHL teams. Send players over and they might get stuck in China for a month. These Olympians know the risk and their teams would provide their approval.

Owen Power would miss some school and games but would be there for the NCAA playoffs. School is probably not an issue as he will not be graduating in the near future.

I am sure a lot of these JAGs would love to go regardless of the risk. 

15 minutes ago, pastajoe said:

I get that, but for a player not under contract it becomes a personal decision.  Me, personally, I wouldn't go, but I can't make that call for someone else.

10 hours ago, Broken Ankles said:

Seeing players like Derek Roy, Cody Franson and Marc-André Gragnani having a Canadian Olympic team roster spot on their resume and NOT Marchand gives me joy.

Good ol Marc-Andre Grabyourmommy

I miss the announcers butchering the likes of MAG, Paul Sahara (as RJ once said), and the like. Good times. 

3 minutes ago, dudacek said:

That said, I’d love to see him and Power go, win gold, and sign here immediately after, just like Ramsey and McClanahan.

We don't even know they'll sign this season.  I could see each signing on for another year at college, especially considering how messed up things are with Covid.  No telling how that will affect signings, etc.

39 minutes ago, dudacek said:

Considering Cossa was Canada’s #3 in this year’s WJC and Levi set records as the #1 at last year’s and has only gotten better, I would be surprised if Cossa was ahead of Levi in the pecking order.

Im not counting on there being an Olympics and if I’m Northeastern there is no way I can afford to lose Levi for a few weeks. That said, I’d love to see him and Power go, win gold, and sign here immediately after, just like Ramsey and McClanahan.

Power and Levi would not abandoned their college teams like that. It doesn't fit in with who they are. 

14 minutes ago, The Ghost of Yuri said:

We don't even know they'll sign this season.  I could see each signing on for another year at college, especially considering how messed up things are with Covid.  No telling how that will affect signings, etc.

Levi perhaps, Power no chance in hell. 

Owen Power will be signed by April 10th. He will burn a year of ELC and start getting ready at the NHL level for the full 2022 season. 

• Like (+1) 3

3 hours ago, French Collection said:

This was a big issue for NHL teams. Send players over and they might get stuck in China for a month. These Olympians know the risk and their teams would provide their approval.

Owen Power would miss some school and games but would be there for the NCAA playoffs. School is probably not an issue as he will not be graduating in the near future.

I am sure a lot of these JAGs would love to go regardless of the risk. 

Hopefully there are adults (coaches and parents) advising him on the risks. He could always go after being in the NHL if his career goes as hoped.

11 minutes ago, pastajoe said:

Hopefully there are adults (coaches and parents) advising him on the risks. He could always go after being in the NHL if his career goes as hoped.

You don't know that. NHL players haven't gone to the Olympics now in how many years?

This topic is OLD. A NEW topic should be started unless there is a VERY SPECIFIC REASON to revive this one.