Most obscure names in Sabres history

PASabreFan

1 minute ago, Pimlach said:

Real “Buddy” Cloutier 

One of the more strange acquisitions of the Bowman era.

Scotty apparently denigrated and rode him as an opposing coach, then paid a premium to acquire him, only to denigrate and ride him again as his own coach.

6 minutes ago, dudacek said:

One of the more strange acquisitions of the Bowman era.

Scotty apparently denigrated and rode him as an opposing coach, then paid a premium to acquire him, only to denigrate and ride him again as his own coach.

That’s our Scotty.  

We had Francois Lacombe, not be confused with Normand Lacombe , or Lendme Yourcomb

• Haha (+1) 4
  • Thanks (+1) 1

2 hours ago, Leaf Blower said:

Dennis Menke

huh.....what? Sorry, thought this was "who's your favorite Cincinnati Reds 3rd baseman of all-time" thread.

On a related note, Bill Hajt was my favorite former member of the Cincinnati Swords to play for the Sabres.  In my opinion, a seriously underrated stay at home D-man.

• Like (+1) 4

Here are some of the other 1 gamers for the Sabres and for their careers.

Michel Deziel - appeared in 1 playoff game and that was the only NHL game of his career.  Ouch

Jeff Eatough - an emergency OHL recall - only NHL game of his career.  

Francois Quay - former 8th rd pick played 1 game despite being a 1pt a game guy in the AHL.

Trent Kaese - another 8th rd pick who managed a single NHL game.

Sean McMorrow - see Taese and Quay, except he was a fighter

David Moravec - a 4th straight 8th rd pick on this list who appeared in 1 game.  He is a strange one.  He was an established player in the Czech Republic, appeared in one game for the Sabres and that was his only game in NA.  No AHL or other games for other organizations.  Weird.

We also can't forget the 3rd Ramsey, Wayne.  While Craig Ramsay is 2nd in games played for the Sabres at 1070 and Mike Ramsey 3rd at 911, old Wayne played 2.  

Edited by GASabresIUFAN
  • Like (+1) 3
  • Thanks (+1) 1

On 1/3/2022 at 9:20 AM, tom webster said:

First name that popped in my head was Paul Terbenche (sic?) but I like Gates Orlando.

I met Terbenche's son at work last year. He's a sales rep and I noticed his name on some emails. Asked him if Paul was his father. He came in the next day with some hockey cards and other stuff. Had a real nice talk about the early days of the Sabres.  I brought in my own Terbenche card. Was pretty cool.

• Like (+1) 1
  • Thanks (+1) 1

On 1/6/2022 at 7:03 AM, GASabresIUFAN said:

Trent Taese - another 8th rd pick who managed a single NHL game.

Kaese (with a K) is my age and is from my part of the world. Next high school over.

I remember thinking it was a such a huge deal when I was teen and he got drafted by the Sabres.

Ended up building and operating a golf course not 10 minutes from where I grew up.

This topic is OLD. A NEW topic should be started unless there is a VERY SPECIFIC REASON to revive this one.