Most annoying TV ads…

LabattBlue

12 minutes ago, The Ghost of Yuri said:

I do have a soft spot for the Texas Law Hawk guy from here in Fort Worth that inserted himself into a Taco Bell Super Bowl ad.  The ultimate in viral marketing.

The Super Bowl ad:

One of his Youtube ads (these never appeared on local TV, just Youtube):

I never realized that I needed this so badly.

• Haha (+1) 2

2 hours ago, The Ghost of Yuri said:

Kate McKinnon should never ever be allowed to wear heals again.  There's a whole Reddit thread about how she walks like a velociraptor and stuff.

I couldn’t figure out if she was walking like an idiot on purpose, and was wondering if there was a joke I was missing.  😂

15 minutes ago, LabattBlue said:

I couldn’t figure out if she was walking like an idiot on purpose, and was wondering if there was a joke I was missing.  😂

I don't really know.  In one commercial she's supposedly "on ice" so walking like that is to be expected.  But then she continues on through the whole commercial like that.  I think she honestly isn't comfortable in walking in heals, and if that's the case, why did wardrobe dress her like that?  Why did the director think it was acceptable?  It's just puzzling.

Maybe they knew what they were doing and figured the viral buzz falls under "there's no such thing as bad publicity."

4 hours ago, mjd1001 said:

There are so many....

I'll start with the Serena Williams ads, I don't even know what they are for..but there was one with her as Wonder woman and another tied into the Matrix. First of all, what are they even for? Secondly, Serena, isn't she not winning as much anymore and kinda yesterdays news? And with most ads, I just see it over and over. 

2nd is the Aaron Rodgers insurance ads...I don't mind him and the packers as a player and team, but he just comes across as not the most likeable guy in real life. How is having him in an ad making me want to buy or use your product?

Finally, I'd have to say there are a lot of bad commercials.  If I see a commercial 5 times or more, and I STILL don't remember what the product is you are trying to sell me when I think of it a week later, that is a bad ad.  Sure, it may not be flashy or sexy, but to me a good ad is one where I KNOW your product 5 seconds into it....is basic, keeps repeating the name of your product, and tells me benefits of your product and teaches me something about it.

3 hours ago, The Ghost of Yuri said:

Serena Williams is hawking DirecTV.  The only part of each of those ads I like is in the Wonder Woman ad, the John McEnroe cameo with a reprise of his "YOU CANNOT BE SERIOUS!" line (some here may be too young for that cultural reference but it cracks me up every time), and in the matrix, when they show the baby/toddler, and the dog, following the play, I find that mildly amusing. 

Based on the Aaron Rogers ads I've developed a deep loathing for both him and the Packers in general.  And when did Jake from State Farm turn black?  (The original Jake was an overweight-ish white guy.)

Everyone does.

Whatever the opposite of charisma is that’s what Serena exudes.  The mere sight of her makes me angry. 

3 hours ago, The Ghost of Yuri said:

Kate McKinnon should never ever be allowed to wear heals again.  There's a whole Reddit thread about how she walks like a velociraptor and stuff.

And...

ZQUtF-_WujN7VVArj3Yv-pt6stSAnQmMV4iTJ4mS

I'm so over Jan.

The funny thing is Kia (I believe) tried that formula last year with a blond woman... I guess they didn't stick.  Jan has an annoying personality in the ads but at least she has a personality.

I think they were missing a couple of things

F5BDBDC4-8983-41B0-AAD6-B3B25EB56BA0.jpeg

• Like (+1) 2
  • Haha (+1) 1

2 hours ago, LabattBlue said:

As funny as I found her on some of her SNL work, I was also wondering if her Verizon ads were her merely playing herself or her going for annoying as hell.  If the latter was the angle, then bravo to her.

• Haha (+1) 1

Anything with Rupaul or the one with the fat chick who hangs around bathrooms waiting for young girls to bleedout so she can recommend any of about 5-6 different sizes of tampons that she currently has in her purse. If I did that I’d be thrown in jail. Creepy.

• Haha (+1) 1

16 hours ago, Hawerchuk said:

Insurance ads number 1 for sure. Followed by prescription drugs. "Don't take this medication if you have high blood pressure, liver problems, or you suffer from kidney stones and love to eat at Long John Silvers!"

Side effects may include swollen face, blocked intestines and death

• Haha (+1) 1

18 hours ago, Porous Five Hole said:

Also, remember Brian Campbell and his ad for the center of excessive sweating 😂😂

Hyperhidrosis (uncontrollable sweating) is a life altering, devastating condition. The people who suffer from it deserve our understanding and compassion. 

However, the commercial was horribly done. 

• Like (+1) 2

1 hour ago, LabattBlue said:

Don’t ad agencies run these commercials through focus groups prior to airing?  Makes you wonder how some end up on the air. 

If there marketing group is anything like the one I’m familiar with, the team is full of bozos. 

• Like (+1) 1

2 hours ago, SDS said:

Hyperhidrosis (uncontrollable sweating) is a life altering, devastating condition. The people who suffer from it deserve our understanding and compassion. 

However, the commercial was horribly done. 

Want to clearly state that I was in no way intending to be heartless toward the condition or the people who suffer from it.  I was speaking strictly of the tv spot.  

• Like (+1) 1

On 12/31/2021 at 2:17 PM, inkman said:

I think they were missing a couple of things

F5BDBDC4-8983-41B0-AAD6-B3B25EB56BA0.jpeg

I've looked up pictures and interviews of some of these actors and actresses just for grins.  Some of the commercials do not do them justice from the viewpoint of looks, personality, and background.

Sometimes, you strike gold.  One time, I found out that "the most interesting man in the world" was the first extra who wore a red shirt in "Star Trek" who did not die.  That certainly qualified as "interesting" from my point of view.

• Like (+1) 3

10 hours ago, Porous Five Hole said:

Want to clearly state that I was in no way intending to be heartless toward the condition or the people who suffer from it.  I was speaking strictly of the tv spot.  

No worries. It was a bad spot but  it did more harm than good. 

• Like (+1) 1

8 hours ago, Marvin, Sabres Fan said:

I've looked up pictures and interviews of some of these actors and actresses just for grins.  Some of the commercials do not do them justice from the viewpoint of looks, personality, and background.

Sometimes, you strike gold.  One time, I found out that "the most interesting man in the world" was the first extra who wore a red shirt in "Star Trek" who did not die.  That certainly qualified as "interesting" from my point of view.

2 kids and 4 hips later….

• Haha (+1) 1