Most annoying TV ads…

LabattBlue

commercials? What are those?

Since i watch the games on free online streams, the commercials are blocked out & i don't see any of them.

So i can pick the home or away feed for any game i want, whenever i want, pause or rewind the game when i want & not have to deal with any of those commercials either... score!

But if you're hurt in a car i suppose its good to know u can call William Mattar 😛

• Haha (+1) 1

5 hours ago, In The Buff said:

commercials? What are those?

Since i watch the games on free online streams, the commercials are blocked out & i don't see any of them.

So i can pick the home or away feed for any game i want, whenever i want, pause or rewind the game when i want & not have to deal with any of those commercials either... score!

But if you're hurt in a car i suppose its good to know u can call William Mattar 😛

Lol, I went to High School with that guy, Amhest, class of '82

6 hours ago, Hawerchuk said:

Insurance ads number 1 for sure. Followed by prescription drugs. "Don't take this medication if you have high blood pressure, liver problems, or you suffer from kidney stones and love to eat at Long John Silvers!"

Suffering from frequent migraines?  Prescription X may help.  Side effects may include internal hemorrhaging, growth of additional appendages or in rare instances spontaneous human combustion.  Stop taking Prescription X and call your doctor if these symptoms occur.    

• Like (+1) 1
  • Haha (+1) 1

The political ones online which interrupt my YouTube videos are flat out repulsive.  Every time I see Chuck Schumer, Bill Prager, et al., I want to choke.  (I refuse to give Big Tech any more money than they already take from me, so I tolerate YouTube commercials.)  Their fear-mongering gets old fast.  Their blather undermines their message except to those already on their side.  I guess it bugs me more because I am not a hardcore activist whom they can raise money from -- the point is not to persuade but to fundraise from the base.

• Like (+1) 1

There are so many....

I'll start with the Serena Williams ads, I don't even know what they are for..but there was one with her as Wonder woman and another tied into the Matrix. First of all, what are they even for? Secondly, Serena, isn't she not winning as much anymore and kinda yesterdays news? And with most ads, I just see it over and over. 

2nd is the Aaron Rodgers insurance ads...I don't mind him and the packers as a player and team, but he just comes across as not the most likeable guy in real life. How is having him in an ad making me want to buy or use your product?

Finally, I'd have to say there are a lot of bad commercials.  If I see a commercial 5 times or more, and I STILL don't remember what the product is you are trying to sell me when I think of it a week later, that is a bad ad.  Sure, it may not be flashy or sexy, but to me a good ad is one where I KNOW your product 5 seconds into it....is basic, keeps repeating the name of your product, and tells me benefits of your product and teaches me something about it.

Edited by mjd1001
  • Like (+1) 1

1 hour ago, Indabuff said:

Suffering from frequent migraines?  Prescription X may help.  Side effects may include internal hemorrhaging, growth of additional appendages or in rare instances spontaneous human combustion.  Stop taking Prescription X and call your doctor if these symptoms occur.    

Do not take if you're allergic to this medication

• Haha (+1) 2

11 hours ago, pastajoe said:

The Verizon ads with Kate McKinnon. And the ads where people get cars for Christmas gifts. Who does that?

Kate McKinnon should never ever be allowed to wear heals again.  There's a whole Reddit thread about how she walks like a velociraptor and stuff.

And...

ZQUtF-_WujN7VVArj3Yv-pt6stSAnQmMV4iTJ4mS

2 hours ago, LabattBlue said:

The Toyota ads with “Jan” are also annoying and overplayed. 

I'm so over Jan.

The funny thing is Kia (I believe) tried that formula last year with a blond woman... I guess they didn't stick.  Jan has an annoying personality in the ads but at least she has a personality.

• Like (+1) 1
  • Awesome! (+1) 1

1 hour ago, nfreeman said:

The Progressive ones about becoming your parents crack me up every time though.

Maybe I'm too much parent but those don't really work for me.

GIF by SundanceTV

1 hour ago, Taro T said:

The Discover Card commercial w/ the chick screeching "more money."  Can't get away from that one quickly enough.

I always keep my mute button close by for just such an emergency.  Worst ever.

1 hour ago, Indabuff said:

I loathe the airport pawn store commercials.  The goddam chicken  "BAWK BAWK BEH GAWK" sound is like nails on a chalkboard.

Are those local?  Can't say I've seen them in Texas.

• Like (+1) 1

52 minutes ago, mjd1001 said:

There are so many....

I'll start with the Serena Williams ads, I don't even know what they are for..but there was one with her as Wonder woman and another tied into the Matrix. First of all, what are they even for? Secondly, Serena, isn't she not winning as much anymore and kinda yesterdays news? And with most ads, I just see it over and over. 

2nd is the Aaron Rodgers insurance ads...I don't mind him and the packers as a player and team, but he just comes across as not the most likeable guy in real life. How is having him in an ad making me want to buy or use your product?

Serena Williams is hawking DirecTV.  The only part of each of those ads I like is in the Wonder Woman ad, the John McEnroe cameo with a reprise of his "YOU CANNOT BE SERIOUS!" line (some here may be too young for that cultural reference but it cracks me up every time), and in the matrix, when they show the baby/toddler, and the dog, following the play, I find that mildly amusing. 

Based on the Aaron Rogers ads I've developed a deep loathing for both him and the Packers in general.  And when did Jake from State Farm turn black?  (The original Jake was an overweight-ish white guy.)

40 minutes ago, Weave said:

I have an irrational dislike for Jan.

Everyone does.

8 minutes ago, The Ghost of Yuri said:

Maybe I'm too much parent but those don't really work for me.

GIF by SundanceTV

I always keep my mute button close by for just such an emergency.  Worst ever.

Are those local?  Can't say I've seen them in Texas.

They are indeed and trust me they suck.

29 minutes ago, Dreams Burn Down said:

For me, the attorney ads. They all have some kind of shtick and only succeed in enraging me. The "heavy hitters" lawyers ads are the worst.  I have many violently deplorable thoughts running through my mind when I watch them.

I do have a soft spot for the Texas Law Hawk guy from here in Fort Worth that inserted himself into a Taco Bell Super Bowl ad.  The ultimate in viral marketing.

The Super Bowl ad:

One of his Youtube ads (these never appeared on local TV, just Youtube):

• Haha (+1) 1
  • Awesome! (+1) 1

8 minutes ago, The Ghost of Yuri said:

I do have a soft spot for the Texas Law Hawk guy from here in Fort Worth that inserted himself into a Taco Bell Super Bowl ad.  The ultimate in viral

One of his Youtube ads (these never appeared on local TV, just Youtube):

This is the greatest thing I've seen all week.

Just now, Indabuff said:

This is the greatest thing I've seen all week.

He's got a whole series of Youtube ads.  Some are better than others.  They more make fun of the other lawyer ads than anything else, but they do actually put some legal stuff in there (like whether or not the cops can make you blow and what the consequences are).