GDT- Sabres at Islanders, 12/30/2021, 7:30pm ET, MSG, WGR

PromoTheRobot

15 minutes ago, Dreams Burn Down said:

Watching the last two games certainly receded the light at the end of the tunnel for me.  A reality check for sure.

When you lack talent throughout the lineup the way Buffalo does it is hard to consistently compete in the NHL. Next year will be a step forward, 2023 will be a leap forward. 

20 minutes ago, Zamboni said:

What exactly was your “reality” before the last two games?

My "reality" has been grounded in hope, a fool's hope I know, but hope nonetheless.  I was looking forward to the influx of young players coming out of the mini COVID break and, obviously, my zeal was unfounded.  The Sabres have been the most important sporting entity of my lifetime and the last decade or so has been extremely challenging for me remain behind them.  It's important, that once the regulars return, let the kids go back to develop in, hopefully, a more functional environment.

• Like (+1) 1

1 minute ago, Dreams Burn Down said:

My "reality" has been grounded in hope, a fool's hope I know, but hope nonetheless.  I was looking forward to the influx of young players coming out of the mini COVID break and, obviously, my zeal was unfounded.  The Sabres have been the most important sporting entity of my lifetime and the last decade or so has been extremely challenging for me remain behind them.  It's important, that once the regulars return, let the kids go back to develop in, hopefully, a more functional environment.

My reality is that our draftniks and hockey analysts have always been, and continue to be, full of *****.

• Like (+1) 1

1 hour ago, LGR4GM said:

When you lack talent throughout the lineup the way Buffalo does it is hard to consistently compete in the NHL. Next year will be a step forward, 2023 will be a leap forward. 

We are still missing 11 NHL players. Pick and choose a few and sprinkle them into the line-up and this team is much different, especially on defense.

1 hour ago, Dreams Burn Down said:

Watching the last two games certainly receded the light at the end of the tunnel for me.  A reality check for sure.

Nah.  They threw a guy who hadn't played all season, a prospect with a month and a half in our system, an underaged kid in is first NHL stint, and an aging AHLer up for his first stint out there, and filtered them in with existing players who were doing okay together but with the holes from the Covid list to fill, it was just too much.  I full expect JJ/Krebs/Peterka to be a good line next year (if Meatballs deploys them together), possibly in a third line role.  And frankly I think Prow has been much better than I feared.  Out of all the players inserted, he seemed the most ready to play.

4 hours ago, Taro T said:

Please don't saddle their best winger w/ Skinner.

imo Skinner should never play above the 3rd line and first chance we have to buy him out, ditch him, get rid of him somehow, we take it. 

3 hours ago, LGR4GM said:

ASSUMING the young players step up and we have a goalie. Otherwise, no. 

• Like (+1) 1

2 hours ago, PASabreFan said:

My reality is that our draftniks and hockey analysts have always been, and continue to be, full of *****.

You should call a press conference about it. 

6 minutes ago, PerreaultForever said:

ASSUMING the young players step up and we have a goalie. Otherwise, no. 

Lol I love reading responses like this.

i'm out well done GIF by Captain Obvious

3 hours ago, LGR4GM said:

Yes I agree that it definitely won't be a straight line.  Look at this year and the players that have played better than expected and others that have not and then others injured.  Hard to predict but I am in agreement that 2023 looks most likely as the season.

On 12/31/2021 at 7:01 AM, North Buffalo said:

I would love to see a game out there in the early fall... see the ponies first bet a trifecta and then go to a game.  Maybe next year.

Pair him with Cozens and maybe Skins, guys who have speed and can keep up.

Agree… Looks like Tuch has chemistry with Krebs… Gotta use them as long as Krebs sticks in Buffalo…

• Like (+1) 1

On 12/30/2021 at 9:07 PM, Pimlach said:

I tried to watch it.  Lasted about 40 minutes.  I know it is a satire, but I spent 40 years in aerospace business and this was not my cup of tea. 

You ever watch Falling Down?  I've also spent 30+ years in aerospace and this one (the beginning anyway) hit home.

This topic is OLD. A NEW topic should be started unless there is a VERY SPECIFIC REASON to revive this one.