Want a good laugh?

PromoTheRobot

5 minutes ago, PASabreFan said:

What's the back story?

You are living my boyhood dream!

Please at no point say, "In front! ............ Bedford ties it."

I manage the town radio station. (wbnh.bedfordnh.org) A few years back I jumped into doing sports play by play, which I'd never done. This will be my 5th year doing football, hockey and basketball. We actually won a 2nd place state broadcasters award back in October.

I have a lot more empathy for Dunleavy or anyone doing this, especially at my age when my brain isn't firing on all synapses.

BTW if you like alternative rock, that's what we play the rest of the day. We upgraded our streaming and it sounds amazing.

Edited by PromoTheRobot
  • Like (+1) 5
  • Thanks (+1) 1

1 hour ago, Indabuff said:

This thread will be filled with jackals tonight.  Lord have mercy on your soul.  

Good natured ribbing? Absolutely.

A snide remark that the poster may have thought to be funny? Quite possible.

Calls for Promo to be the next voice of the Sabres? We all have dreams...

• Like (+1) 2

1 hour ago, PromoTheRobot said:

I'm calling a New Hampshire high school game hockey tonight at 8pm ET. Bedford vs Trinity. See who's worse, me or Dunleavy.

www.bedfordtv.com and click ch 1072 for the HD stream or click the WBNH icon for the radio feed.

I SOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO envy you.  I have always wanted to call a game.  Until I discovered the joys of mathematics, I was hoping to be a hockey announcer.

1 hour ago, PromoTheRobot said:

I'm calling a New Hampshire high school game hockey tonight at 8pm ET. Bedford vs Trinity. See who's worse, me or Dunleavy.

www.bedfordtv.com and click ch 1072 for the HD stream or click the WBNH icon for the radio feed.

Good for you!

I attached a link about David Kindred,  a HOF sportswriter, who has covered some of the top sports stories in his illustrious career. I thought you might like it. He is also drawing a salary. He is getting paid a box of Milk Duds for every game he covers. 

https://www.insideedition.com/5-takeaways-on-award-winning-sports-writer-dave-kindreds-decision-to-cover-high-school-girls-65812

36 minutes ago, JohnC said:

Good for you!

I attached a link about David Kindred,  a HOF sportswriter, who has covered some of the top sports stories in his illustrious career. I thought you might like it. He is also drawing a salary. He is getting paid a box of Milk Duds for every game he covers. 

https://www.insideedition.com/5-takeaways-on-award-winning-sports-writer-dave-kindreds-decision-to-cover-high-school-girls-65812

I saw the 60 minutes (or some show) feature on him.

Just found out my color analyst might not be there tonight so it'll be all me unless we can grab someone from the stands.

Edited by PromoTheRobot
  • Like (+1) 1

1 minute ago, Digger said:

I remember that the hockey hall of fame had an exhibit where they had the play by play call from many of the biggest NHL goals and then you could try to do your own version.  Much harder than I thought.  It's a real skill to call a game well.  @PromoTheRobot I'm sure it will be great.  Have fun. 

Every sport is done differently. Hockey, and to a degree basketball, you can't describe all the action so you have to edit on the fly, describing the action that matters. My hardest time is memorizing rosters.

• Like (+1) 2

6 hours ago, PromoTheRobot said:

I watched most of the first period. Nice vocal timbre and great pacing. Certainly better than DD or than I could ever hope to do. Can the Sabres sign the kid with the five minute boarding penalty? Nice hit.

Edited by Dreams Burn Down

This topic is OLD. A NEW topic should be started unless there is a VERY SPECIFIC REASON to revive this one.