GDT - POSTPONED Blue Jackets @ Buffalo - December 20, 2021 - 7:00 PM (EST) - MSG-B & WGR

Sabres Fan in NS

42 minutes ago, SABRES 0311 said:

Alex Tuch debut.  Interested to see who he slots in with.  

Close enough ...

3 minutes ago, Brawndo said:

Columbus had three players enter Covid Protocol yesterday and the team chose to stay in Columbus prior to flying to Buffalo this afternoon. 

Flying in this afternoon for a game tonight?

This game will be postponed.

• Sad 1

2 hours ago, SABRES 0311 said:

Alex Tuch debut.  Interested to see who he slots in with.  

1 hour ago, Digger said:

The Tuch era has finally arrived.  I hope he has a great debut and plays well in front of all his family and friends. 

A win for the Sabres, 4-2, Tuch with a goal and an assist.

35 minutes ago, RangerDave said:

Well, if he's gonna get that far, he might as well complete the Gordie Howe hat trick with a fight, eh?

I did not anticipate the hype Tuch would be getting from this fanbase.  I know someone was trying to get everyone to pump the brakes a bit on Alex. I’m here to do the same.  He’s not a superstar, or a talent like Eichel.  He’s a good player that compliments his teammates.  He may have one of those Steve Bernier debuts where he gets points, hits and maybe even a fight but he’s not the savior.  

• Like (+1) 1

11 minutes ago, inkman said:

I did not anticipate the hype Tuch would be getting from this fanbase.  I know someone was trying to get everyone to pump the brakes a bit on Alex. I’m here to do the same.  He’s not a superstar, or a talent like Eichel.  He’s a good player that compliments his teammates.  He may have one of those Steve Bernier debuts where he gets points, hits and maybe even a fight but he’s not the savior.  

If he does more than Butcher I'll be happy.

• Like (+1) 2

59 minutes ago, inkman said:

He's a local kid & a (non-prototypical) top 6 power forward.  2 things this team pretty much lacks.

As with all new toys, the anticipation mounts.  Especially when it didn't arrive until nearly Christmas even though the parents hinted that's what we're getting for a couple of months.

So, yeah, he probably won't live up to the anticipation, but he's a good player that'll push a JAG out of the lineup.  Well, assuming Thompson plays tonight that is.  (And presuming the BJs actually make the trip.)

• Like (+1) 2

15 minutes ago, Zamboni said:

Alex Tuch will do nothing wrong this game. That’s how shiny new toys work 😂

Sabres … 3

Jackets … 2

Alex Tuch will be rather pedestrian. He won’t suck, he won’t wow. He’ll need a few games to “ramp up”. 

Skinner, Cozens, or Dahlin with a goal

Tuch gets a goal in this game off a sick feed from Dahlin. 

12 minutes ago, Taro T said:

He's a local kid & a (non-prototypical) top 6 power forward.  2 things this team pretty much lacks.

As with all new toys, the anticipation mounts.  Especially when it didn't arrive until nearly Christmas even though the parents hinted that's what we're getting for a couple of months.

So, yeah, he probably won't live up to the anticipation, but he's a good player that'll push a JAG out of the lineup.  Well, assuming Thompson plays tonight that is.  (And presuming the BJs actually make the trip.)

Your perspective is the right perspective not only as it applies to this inaugural Tuch game but also to this team's future prospects. In the Jack era this team's fortunes revolved around a special player who had little support. Now the design of this team revolves around a fuller team that is not primarily reliant on a player or particular line. The roster is steadily being thickened with more solid to good players who as you describe will push some of the JAGs out of the lineup. Next season, that process should be accelerated with the addition of young players coming from our AHL farm club. The plan is in place; the plan is being executed. Don't be surprised if a topic arises here as to whether we have enough vets on the roster to guide the swollen group of young players!

I don't want to be boringly repetitive but the success of the plan still is underpinned by the play of our goalies. Without it, all the good deeds will be diminished.  

1 hour ago, inkman said:

Not looking for him to save or carry.  Just excited to see a good player step into a promising but developing lineup.

This topic is OLD. A NEW topic should be started unless there is a VERY SPECIFIC REASON to revive this one.