Sabres Practice Lines 12/19/21

Brawndo

Murray-Cozens-Tuch
Skinner-Girgensons-Okposo
Asplund-Jankowski-Olofsson
Bjork-Eakin-Hinostroza
Caggiula-Hayden

So with the game postponements, what are we looking for on Monday, 12/27?  For the sake of argument, let's say Tage's injury turns out to be nothing and he's ready to go, but Hinostroza is still in protocol.

I really like the makeup of the Cozens line; I don't think that changes.  The second line just confuses me.  Does anyone think Skinner works out well with Girgs and Okie?  I think Granato put them together for this practice for a reason though.... so let's say he stick with them for the time being.  Third line I think Tage slots in for Jankowski there; that was a successful line early in the season before Ollie was injured.  Fourth line:  Like I said, assume Vinnie is out... I bet Hayden, who's been playing well, takes his spot.

So Monday, 12/27, lines might be

Murray-Cozens-Tuch
Skinner-Girgensons-Okposo
Asplund-Thompson-Olofsson
Bjork-Eakin-Hayden

I think Cozens-Tuch is going to be Line 1, in a real sense.  The games where Granato challenged Dylan to take on the top centers from the other teams was his final grooming for 1C.  From comments Granato said in one of his pressers this week, he thinks Murray has more talent than Murray himself realizes.  I think Granato sees Murray-Cozens-Tuch as a legit first line.  They will need to gel a bit and Murray and Cozens both are still in growth mode, but I kind of think that even if Mitts was playing, Granato was going to put Cozens and Tuch together as a way of further bringing out Cozens' talent.  That Murray has looked as good as he has was probably a surprise to Granato but I think he has faith in Murray's drive and ability to contribute to the line.

I was really geeked up to see Tuch's first game tonight, especially to see how that first line worked.  For some reason, I think they might really click together.

One last note:  If Thompson isn't ready, I might consider calling Krebs up instead of having Jankowski center that line.  Maybe just a game or two until Tage is back, but I'd love to see what Krebs can do with a couple of talented wingers at the NHL level.

• Like (+1) 1

This topic is OLD. A NEW topic should be started unless there is a VERY SPECIFIC REASON to revive this one.