GDT - Sabres @ Penguins - December 17, 2021 - 7:00 PM (EDT) - MSG-B / SN and WGR

Sabres Fan in NS

Just now, LGR4GM said:

Eakin needs to go. He was bad all night with missed passes and truly awful plays. 

Patience my Padewn ….

Just now, Gatorman0519 said:

We had our chance and could not finish. This is where we need more scoring talent. But… this is progress. Subban looked really good tonight. 

Suban not the issue, agree!

• Like (+1) 1

Just now, Eddiegoofball said:

Why would Eakin even gamble like that when its 3 on 3? What a bad decision. Considering they were outshot like double and we weren't sure what Subban would give, the point is fine but to lose like that... yeesh

He needs to stay in his lane and understand he’s not good enough to be pulling crap like that off.

• Like (+1) 1
  • Thanks (+1) 1

4 minutes ago, LGR4GM said:

Stop running the pp from the point. It's not 2008 anymore. 

This might be a good idea in general. But look at the skaters who play below the circles on our power point roster. Compared to Dahlin/Tage/KO/VO up top. I'd rather those guys use the puck than the guys down low and i don't want any of then down low

• Like (+1) 1

15 minutes ago, SwampD said:

What a weird goal.

I would call it a lucky pass, but it was LeTang, and he is really good. We made a mistake and their top talent took advantage.

Nothing to be ashamed of.  We took 5 points out of 6 on the road trip, with goalies that were in the “AHL” two weeks ago.  We battled.  They didn’t push us around either.  

Edited by Pimlach
  • Like (+1) 6
  • Thanks (+1) 2

1 minute ago, Randall Flagg said:

This might be a good idea in general. But look at the skaters who play below the circles on our power point roster. Compared to Dahlin/Tage/KO/VO up top. I'd rather those guys use the puck than the guys down low and i don't want any of then down low

You don't have to shift when you're just playing catch from point to half wall. Unless the point guy is going to attack, teams just have to watch us pass and stay in the lane. 

Just now, Pimlach said:

I would call it a lucky pass, but it was LeTang, and he is really good. We made a mistake and their top talent took advantage.

Nothing to be ashamed of.  We took 5 points out of 6 on the road trip, with goalie that were in the “AHL” two weeks ago.  We battled.  They didn’t push us around either.  

Why was Eakin even out there? Because back to back games. 

7 minutes ago, LGR4GM said:

Eakin needs to go. He was bad all night with missed passes and truly awful plays. 

He will be gone when Mitts is back and Krebs is up.  He is our best face off guy I guess (?), he got too aggressive and blew that draw.  Not a smart play to make at center ice. 

• Like (+1) 1

3 minutes ago, LGR4GM said:

You don't have to shift when you're just playing catch from point to half wall. Unless the point guy is going to attack, teams just have to watch us pass and stay in the lane. 

Why was Eakin even out there? Because back to back games. 

It would be interesting to see them coach some tricks into it, as long as they aren't relying on passes between hinostroza, asplund, zemgus etc.

• Like (+1) 2

This topic is OLD. A NEW topic should be started unless there is a VERY SPECIFIC REASON to revive this one.