Do the Sabres actually need more RHD or does it not matter?

LGR4GM

48 minutes ago, inkman said:

More substance less flash.  Letang, while immensely talented is more of what we already have.  Let’s get someone that eats their breakfast off a Brillo pad (god I miss Roby).  

David Jiricek. But he doesn't eat breakfast off the brillo pad, he just eats the pad.

• Haha (+1) 1

36 minutes ago, LGR4GM said:

David Jiricek. But he doesn't eat breakfast off the brillo pad, he just eats the pad.

Some clips I’ve seen show the physical side of his game.

I am interested in watching him, Nemec is ahead of him on some lists but this guy is climbing.

I am ok with a RHD near the top as long as one pick in the first is a C.

• 3 weeks later...
  • 6 months later...

Well, one guy whom I've always loved is suddenly available.  He's a little old now, but his brother is already on the team as a goalie/singer.  

On 1/12/2022 at 9:28 AM, LGR4GM said:

We do like Russians now. 

Aged like milk.

• Haha (+1) 2

29 minutes ago, kas23 said:

Fantastic bump. Fast forward in this time machine and we find out Dahlin is really a RHD. 

He seems comfortable there as he’s done it in the SHL. He may revolutionize the 1D position if he can do it well. He and Mule seem like such a great fit that I would run with it.

• Like (+1) 1
  • Agree 1

4 hours ago, irregularly irregular said:

Remember the good old days when it seemed as though JBots was on a mission to acquire every marginal D man in the league? It was not all that long ago, and now the Sabres could still use some better options to fill those 7, 8 and 9 spots. I guess picking coaches was not his lone weak spot. 

Remember what a depleted and non existent D core he inherited though? Sure, he went crazy and just tried to find as many bodies as he could hoping one or two would stick but Murray basically left us with no D at all. 

We have 2 first overall D picks now. In a few years D might actually be a strength. Go figure. 

11 minutes ago, irregularly irregular said:

Remember the good old days when it seemed as though JBots was on a mission to acquire every marginal D man in the league? It was not all that long ago, and now the Sabres could still use some better options to fill those 7, 8 and 9 spots. I guess picking coaches was not his lone weak spot. 

Oh, for those good old days when slots 5-12 were filled in spades and slots 3-4 were filled adequately.  Too bad the closest to a 1st pairing guy he had was McCabe.

He also tended to monopolize the league's supply of bottom sixers.

And to think, had he been willing to trim the scouting staff, he'd still be here.  Dodged that bullet.

• Like (+1) 1

1 hour ago, nfreeman said:

What a great movie.

Whenever I recommend it to people (dudes in particular), I inevitably get the “I’m not into romance movies”.  I always respond with well it’s really about Cocaine, James Gandolfini beating the ***** out of an Arquette sister, the Dennis Hoper/Christopher Walken scene and obviously Brad Pitts finest role. brad pitt smoking GIF

Edited by inkman
  • Like (+1) 1

This topic is OLD. A NEW topic should be started unless there is a VERY SPECIFIC REASON to revive this one.