GDT - Sabres @ Jets - December 14, 2021 - 8 PM (EST) - MSG-B and WGR

Sabres Fan in NS

Nice win on the road against a good hockey team. 

UPL gave us a chance.  This team will not be embarrassing with a good goalie this year. I think we would be more like Detroit, and I think we can pass them in the future with solid goaltending. 

Edited by Pimlach
  • Like (+1) 1

1 minute ago, LGR4GM said:

For now but once the book is out on upl, how will he play is the question. 

Yup. Let the pros get their video scouts on him, let teams scheme for it...   But thus far he's been much better than his AHL numbers would have indicated (though he was starting to warm up in Rochester before the COVID postponements). If he can give the Sabres average goaltending, then... that's the best they've had in years from anyone not named Ullmark or Anderson.

• Like (+1) 1

10 minutes ago, SABRESfan said:

I used to date a broad from the DFW area.. a little north tho in McKinney.  
She was a Dr Pepper junkie.. probably still is.  Whenever she called me and I didn’t pick up she would always refer to what time it was before she got to the point.  

Sorry for the randomness fellas. 😆 

I say that dating a broad is better than a board. Haven’t heard that term since 1982. 

• Haha (+1) 2

So refreshing to see the speed. Reminds me of a better version of Toronto's "tank" year - they played fast and engaging and had a nice structure to add talent to the following year. Very good game! One wonders how many of those 7-4 and 5-4 losses could have been wins with goaltending like this.

Hinostroza, Tage, Dahlin really stuck out to me 

• Like (+1) 5
  • Thanks (+1) 1

7 minutes ago, DarthEbriate said:

Good win. WPG didn't look especially with it or dangerous, but lots of shot deflections that UPL was nice and set squarely for.

Solid road game.

I thought they had their moments early in the game, they outshot the Sabres 14-7 in the first and really took the game over after the Sabres scored.  But as the game wore on the Sabres kept pressing and looked... almost... comfortable with the lead.  I attribute that to UPL who they knew had their backs which allowed them to press WPG.

• Thanks (+1) 1

Good win. nice for a change. 

Dahlin showing off his offensive prowess. Very good game for Tage. 

Byson turns over the puck too much and Dahlin still chases too much in his own end, but with UPL providing good goaltending those things don't matter. 

I haven't seen Winnipeg play this year, but if that was their A game (which I suspect it wasn't) I'm not impressed and they won't go anywhere. 

• Like (+1) 1

8 minutes ago, Indabuff said:

UPf'nL baby!

Oddly, I think if he came up at the season start he doesn't play well.  The extra time in Rochester helped.  That said, I kind of hope this is the UPL we can expect for the Sabres from now on.  That would make Toker a reasonable backup and Anderson a good mentor (even if he doesn't play much, if at all, going forward).

• Like (+1) 1

This topic is OLD. A NEW topic should be started unless there is a VERY SPECIFIC REASON to revive this one.