Stars waive G Anton Khudobin...KA get it done!!

matter2003

1 hour ago, sabresparaavida said:

Is he though? In 7 games this year, he has a .873 save percentage (just .001 better than dell, and .033 worse than Tokarski). And this is playing on a team that had a goalie have a .951 save percentage through 7 games, so it’s kinda doubtful that it’s due to bad defensive play.

Very fair question, and it's certainly reasonable to conclude that he's done like dinner and pass, especially since they'd be committed for a $3.33MM cap hit for him next year.

My point is that (i) an NHL GM could conclude that he's still got some game left, (ii) I am absolutely not OK with just giving up on the rest of this season and (iii) making no more moves at goalie is IMHO tantamount to giving up on the rest of the season.

• Like (+1) 1

2 hours ago, sabresparaavida said:

Is he though? In 7 games this year, he has a .873 save percentage (just .001 better than dell, and .033 worse than Tokarski). And this is playing on a team that had a goalie have a .951 save percentage through 7 games, so it’s kinda doubtful that it’s due to bad defensive play.

2 starts where he played fine - 2 not so fine but not inherently bad, 1 bad, and 1 where apparently he pissed off the coach since he was in there for 7 goals (which uhhh really screws up ur sv% in a 7 game stretch).  The 7th game he made 6 saves on 6 shots in 13 minutes.

He hasn't played in a month, and the last time he did he gave up 7 goals.  He was also dealing with an illness going into that game fwiw, and you usually don't give up 7 goals on goaltending alone.  2 starts before that he gave up 5.  The other 4 starts were... what most would consider adequate replacement level goaltending.  

It's not a crazy paycheck but a lot for a guy whos basically always been a backup and hasn't really been a starter for a full stretch.  Considering buffalo has like 0 goalies for next year its not a terrible idea to have someone... anyone... under contract beyond this season.  I'd just hate to whiff again and be left in this position again.

On the other hand there is Dell... who has 3 games with save percentages above his average.  None were starts, all were essentially garbage time after another goalie was pulled.  When he's actually started his sv% is .850, and the GAA of 5.82.  

Subbans played one game and uhh it didn't go well either.  Tokarski has been pulled twice in his last 5 starts.  

Edited by Drag0nDan
  • Like (+1) 2

42 minutes ago, inkman said:

This thread is about as “I’ve heard of him” as it gets.  Anyone suggesting we take a shot at him hasn’t taken a look at his numbers. Stick a fork in him.

I think UPL is playing pretty well at the moment.  Tokarski has had his moments but occasionally he puts up a stinker as well.  

Dell is worthless and should be waived.  Subban might be a capable backup or AHL starter.  Anderson's availability is a big question mark.  

It's so in flux with injuries/covid, and buffalo spends such a pathetically little amount of money on it that I wouldn't really hate it if they brought him in tbh.  

This topic is OLD. A NEW topic should be started unless there is a VERY SPECIFIC REASON to revive this one.