Stars waive G Anton Khudobin...KA get it done!!

matter2003

Good god no

bloody hell

hard pass

no thanks 

for heavens sake no

Jesus, Mary and Joseph no

I think that covers it. Someone add to that list 😂

Yet another fan request of  “hey [insert name here] is on waivers, go get him [insert current GM’s name]”. Which is mostly knee jerk reactions to the news of a player being waived. Once in a great while it holds some merit. Some …

• Like (+1) 2

I am not at all sure that he is actually better than what we have.

Last year he performed at a Tokarski level.  This year he has performed at a Dell level.  He is 35 and due $3.75M this year and next.

Im all for improving the goalie situation, but I doubt this is going to get us there.

• Like (+1) 1

9 hours ago, Zamboni said:

Yet another fan request of  “hey [insert name here] is on waivers, go get him [insert current GM’s name]”. Which is mostly knee jerk reactions to the news of a player being waived. Once in a great while it holds some merit. Some …

I think in this case there's merit. Not Khudobin's merit, but the Sabres really do need NHL-level G and this might be an option. You'd be right if this were a JAG-replacement-level forward, we have metric tons of those already.

Khudobin turns 36 in May.

2 years ago:  16-8-4, 2.22,  .930

Last year:  12-11-7, 2.54, .905

This year:  3-3-1, 3.73, .873

It's hard to avoid the conclusion that he's out of gas and in steep decline, or the prediction that he'd be unhappy to find himself on a crappy team in Buffalo, would be counting the minutes until the end of the season and would play poorly.

And yet -- he's better than what the Sabres currently have, unless we're suddenly confident that UPL has arrived and is ready to be a good NHL starter.

I'd be fine if the Sabres signed him, and I'd certainly prefer signing him to doing nothing.

10 hours ago, matter2003 said:

Hasn't been great lately but far better than what we have...took the Stars to the Stanley Cup final recently...

Contract is only 3.3 million...surely it's worth having actual NHL Level goaltending to see where exactly we are right now.

I do like the idea of thinking of this season's team as almost a science experiment — but we have two variables that make it difficult to draw conclusions. Remove one variable and have good goaltending so the rest can be judged fairly. Ah, well, to coin a phrase, that sail has shipped (R.I.P. Coach Hank).

39 minutes ago, nfreeman said:

Khudobin turns 36 in May.

2 years ago:  16-8-4, 2.22,  .930

Last year:  12-11-7, 2.54, .905

This year:  3-3-1, 3.73, .873

It's hard to avoid the conclusion that he's out of gas and in steep decline, or the prediction that he'd be unhappy to find himself on a crappy team in Buffalo, would be counting the minutes until the end of the season and would play poorly.

And yet -- he's better than what the Sabres currently have, unless we're suddenly confident that UPL has arrived and is ready to be a good NHL starter.

I'd be fine if the Sabres signed him, and I'd certainly prefer signing him to doing nothing.

Is he though? In 7 games this year, he has a .873 save percentage (just .001 better than dell, and .033 worse than Tokarski). And this is playing on a team that had a goalie have a .951 save percentage through 7 games, so it’s kinda doubtful that it’s due to bad defensive play.

7 hours ago, Curt said:

I am not at all sure that he is actually better than what we have.

Last year he performed at a Tokarski level.  This year he has performed at a Dell level.  He is 35 and due $3.75M this year and next.

Im all for improving the goalie situation, but I doubt this is going to get us there.

Won't happen. That's around $3 million per year too much.

• Haha (+1) 2

This topic is OLD. A NEW topic should be started unless there is a VERY SPECIFIC REASON to revive this one.