8 points out

PASabreFan

21 hours ago, woods-racer said:

The expectations where the same as last year if not lower considering our player losses.

Last year we had 15 wins in 56 games played, if we made it a full 82 games that would be around a total of 51-55 points for the season.

This year we have 13 wins in 41 games played with 33 points, if we can finish out strong and end the year with 66-70 points that is a huge improvement.

Edit: typo.

Edited by Thorny
  • Like (+1) 1

Oops, though this might be serious so I did the math; to get to 96 points and have a really good shot at the playoffs, 1.53 points per game so 7-8 wins per 10 games. I'd say if the Sabres picked up 49 points (~0.6 ppg) and hit a nice even 82 points this season, that'd be great news. They'd be on a playoff pace and hopefully have similar results next year. That's unlikely given roster turnover at the deadline and other teams getting desperate I suppose.

Edited by MattPie
  • Like (+1) 1

5 minutes ago, MattPie said:

Oops, though this might be serious so I did the math; to get to 96 points and have a really good shot at the playoffs, 1.53 points per game so 7-8 wins per 10 games. I'd say if the Sabres picked up 49 points (~0.6 ppg) and hit a nice even 82 points this season, that'd be great news. They'd be on a playoff pace and hopefully have similar results next year. That's unlikely given roster turnover at the deadline and other teams getting desperate I suppose.

It would not be news. Or shouldn't be given its lack of meaning.

I think we've all been over this before.

2 hours ago, pastajoe said:

The Sabres playoff chances are about as good as they were for the unicorns trying to catch Noah’s ark.

One day we shall be the green alligators or maybe even the long necked geese. Till then we are nothing but Rovers of the bottom of the league.

Edited by woods-racer
  • Haha (+1) 1
  • Awesome! (+1) 1

This topic is OLD. A NEW topic should be started unless there is a VERY SPECIFIC REASON to revive this one.