8 points out

PASabreFan

37 minutes ago, PromoTheRobot said:

54 games remaining. To get to .500 pts% (82 points) they need to go on a 1.15 pt/gm pace.

To get to 95 points and a possible wild card berth, they need a 1.35 pt/gm pace.

82 points probably is a good goal, really. That's "the Sabres played for 2/3 of a season at a playoff bubble place". Given some of the current roster, I'd be pretty happy with that result.

• Like (+1) 1
  • Thanks (+1) 1

• PASabreFan changed the title to 7 points out

They're still scoring enough to be a middle of the pack team. They just need the defense/goaltending to solidify and start closing the goal differential gap. 

Barring the loss of someone like Thompson to injury they still have a chance to finish this season on respectable terms, which would be a pretty huge accomplishment. 

• Like (+1) 2

21 hours ago, MattPie said:

82 points probably is a good goal, really. That's "the Sabres played for 2/3 of a season at a playoff bubble place". Given some of the current roster, I'd be pretty happy with that result.

And nicely brings up their record to 1 point above any other mark since we started tanking (81 points, 15-16)

• Like (+1) 1

29 minutes ago, WildCard said:

Really wish Mitts was healthy. This was a huge year to evaluate him.

Totally. When we are hoping for playoffs/substantial improvement next season, it’ll be tough to have those expectations heading in if the guy we had as the 1C by necessity coming into this season is still a big ol’ question mark. I like Tage (and love the look of his dev curve right now) but I’d have a hard time hoping/predicting playoffs if he comes in as “the guy” at C. 

• Like (+1) 1

What I like is that the Sabres may be meeting my definition of a "good team" -- everyone can lose to a good team at home; what defines a good team is that, in general, good teams regularly beat other good teams on the road.

1 hour ago, WildCard said:

Really wish Mitts was healthy. This was a huge year to evaluate him.

Swapping him out for Eakin sounds delightful but Granato can’t get the ol school coach out of his blood.  Needs a guys for faceoffs even though he’s absolutely worthless in every other aspect of the game. 

54 minutes ago, Thorny said:

Totally. When we are hoping for playoffs/substantial improvement next season, it’ll be tough to have those expectations heading in if the guy we had as the 1C by necessity coming into this season is still a big ol’ question mark. I like Tage (and love the look of his dev curve right now) but I’d have a hard time hoping/predicting playoffs if he comes in as “the guy” at C. 

The absolute arrogance he displayed after his shootout goal, gave me the tingles.  It was a coming of age moment where one look said, “Yeah I ***** scored, I expect it!”

This topic is OLD. A NEW topic should be started unless there is a VERY SPECIFIC REASON to revive this one.