WGR Online Broadcasts

msw2112

I live out of market, and for a number of years I have listened to the Sabres' broadcasts online via the WGR550 website or app.  Recently, it seems like some of the games are not available that way.  Several times recently, during the game, I have gone to the website and clicked on "Listen Live" and gotten some sports talk programming, but not the game.  In the past, I believe that all Sabres games were available this way.  Does anyone know if something has changed?

Edited by msw2112

8 minutes ago, msw2112 said:

I live out of market, and for a number of years I have listened to the Sabres' broadcasts online via the WGR550 website or app.  Recently, it seems like some of the games are not available that way.  Several times recently, during the game, I have gone to the website and clicked on "Listen Live" and gotten some sports talk programming, but not the game.  In the past, I believe that all Sabres games were available this way.  Does anyone know if something has changed?

Same. No clue why that is 

7 minutes ago, msw2112 said:

I can’t explain it but I have had the same experiences. Sometimes, just trying a half a dozen times it will work.

Thank goodness I have retired for the second time and am home now. I can watch all of the games on my NHL package.

I recommend first trying the rest of the Sabres Radio Network.  I am regularly listening to Rochester.

You can also get it from NHL.com.  You go there, get to the play-by-play area, choose "Listen", and then pick the home or away broadcast.

• Thanks (+1) 2

Typical for GR. They had Radio.com and that needed reboot with practically every commercial break. Now they're with Audacy and worked for awhile and now having same problem get some stupid sports talk show. Frankly I think WGR is minor league at best. Once again missing Empire Sports Network.

• Like (+1) 3

49 minutes ago, French Collection said:

I can’t explain it but I have had the same experiences. Sometimes, just trying a half a dozen times it will work.

Thank goodness I have retired for the second time and am home now. I can watch all of the games on my NHL package.

Thanks to all for their feedback.  I will try some of the suggestions.  Unfortunately, this team is so bad that I'm not sure it is worth trying a half dozen times.  If the team was better, I'd probably make more of an effort.  In any event, the NHL.com website option mentioned above sounds like an excellent place to try if the WGR550 site is not working after a refresh or two.

This topic is OLD. A NEW topic should be started unless there is a VERY SPECIFIC REASON to revive this one.