GDT - Ducks at Sabres - December 7, 2021 - 7:30 PM (EST) - ESPN+ / HULU & WGR

Sabres Fan in NS

3 minutes ago, The Ghost of Doohickie said:

Is that what the Sabres are paying him to play this game tonight?

WOW!!  TP is a cheap ass.

I’ve disliked the moniker since it was first used.  I know one of the Rochester guys (Stevens or Seiling) are fond of it.  UPL has such a nice flow to it.  Don’t mess with it. 

• Like (+1) 1
  • Haha (+1) 1

5 minutes ago, inkman said:

I’ve disliked the moniker since it was first used.  I know one of the Rochester guys (Stevens or Seiling) are fond of it.  UPL has such a nice flow to it.  Don’t mess with it. 

Me too, Inky.  I didn't use it, @K-9 did and I tried to make a funny about it.

UPL is easy and good.

You okay?  You seem to pissing vinegar more than usual today.

23 minutes ago, French Collection said:

Ducks played the Caps last night + some travel.

Sabres make a game of it and UPL squeaks out a 4-3 win.

Dahlin with 2 points.

All things considered this game is very likely their best chance to win this homestead.  So, if they need to play UPL in a game, this gives him his best chance to bolster his confidence.  Hope he's up to the task.

• Like (+1) 1

2 hours ago, inkman said:

I’m still struggling to figure out how 4 teams are worse than the Sabres.  Must be that 5-1 start that is keeping them afloat.  If they don’t get above terrible goaltending, they may not win 5 more games. 

exactly, their record after the first 7 games is worst in the league.  Don't worry, most everyone will pass us soon. 

2 hours ago, PromoTheRobot said:

They reached the conference final last year. Did that disappoint you?

It did absolutely nothing for me. Because like I said… I don’t follow the Bills.  Are you changing the discussion of “expectations” to the “feelings” of disappointment? 

3 hours ago, inkman said:

I’m still struggling to figure out how 4 teams are worse than the Sabres.  Must be that 5-1 start that is keeping them afloat.  If they don’t get above terrible goaltending, they may not win 5 more games. 

2 of them were devastated by covid, Arizona is in a blatant tank and then there's the Montreal mess. Not that hard to be ahead of any of that.

Ducks can not only beat us but can hurt us, if they want to.   They had a tough one last night though so they might come in tired, flat, take us lightly, or all 3 so you never know. I'd guess we see the back up goalie too. 

I caught some of the Anaheim game with Washington. I was very impressed with Zegras's offensive skills. I would appreciate it if some of our astute talent evaluators here will give their thoughts on a comparison between Zegras and Krebs. What's your take @dudacek, @LGR4GM, @Thorny @Taro Tor anyone else? If Krebs is in the same echelon as Zegras I would be ecstatic. 

I predict a Sabre win. The back to back after an extended SO game can be depleting. UPL is being given an opportunity to display his talents even if it is for a short-term basis.  

3 hours ago, The Ghost of Doohickie said:

Me too, Inky.  I didn't use it, @K-9 did and I tried to make a funny about it.

UPL is easy and good.

You okay?  You seem to pissing vinegar more than usual today.

I can’t imagine anything that’s happened in the last 24 hours that’s affected my mood.  That being said, I’m good.  Better than most days. 

• Like (+1) 2

9 minutes ago, inkman said:

I can’t imagine anything that’s happened in the last 24 hours that’s affected my mood.  That being said, I’m good.  Better than most days. 

The Bills losing on Monday night is not that big a deal in a world full of misery, but I get it.  Glad that you are good.

3 hours ago, inkman said:

OK. From now on I’ll refer to him as 1U1P1L😄

This topic is OLD. A NEW topic should be started unless there is a VERY SPECIFIC REASON to revive this one.