GDT: Buffalo at Carolina, 4 Dec 2021, 7:30 pm ET, MSG, WGR

Doohickie

That was dreadful. If it wasn’t so tragic it would be comical. We are going through goaltenders like the employees go through wet wipes in a whorehouse. 

Meatballs and KA take note. Its fine and dandy to say we are going to play a damn the torpedoes style of offence but perhaps you should do what every other coach in this league has figured out and that is you need to teach the basic fundamentals of defensive hockey first. This team is lost. 20 goals against in the last 3 games.

• Like (+1) 2
  • Thanks (+1) 1

mercifully (I guess) I lost the feed for the 3rd period but I'm gathering it wasn't any more fun than the rest. 

This keeps up my other off season fear will come true, and this "tank" will just teach the next group to be okay with losing like we did the last group. 

When you tear down you need to instill a sense that something better will be built up and nights like this make that belief hard. 

• Like (+1) 4

12 hours ago, Pimlach said:

Taking into account a road game, a  ten game  losing streak versus the Canes, and the Canes need to get a win, I would think the Canes win this with ease.    BUT.  Maybe Subban stands on his head for his new team and we score enough to pull  out a 3-2 win. 

Go Sabres. Stop losing. 

Hello Teamates, Punch checking in.  I missed the game tonight. 

Took Mrs Punch out on a shopping spree, then some fine dining.  
It’s Christmas so we are buying whatever we want, otherwise we leave too much to the kids.  Lol, lol, lol.  

It appears the goalie change didn’t help tonight.  Always another game coming though. 

7 minutes ago, Let's Go B-Lo said:

Given where we are, what's the worst that could happen? I could wake up tomorrow floating through space surrounded by flying toasters?

anyone flying GIF

10 minutes ago, Pimlach said:

Hello Teamates, Punch checking in.  I missed the game tonight. 

Took Mrs Punch out on a shopping spree, then some fine dining.  
It’s Christmas so we are buying whatever we want, otherwise we leave too much to the kids.  Lol, lol, lol.  

It appears the goalie change didn’t help tonight.  Always another game coming though. 

He didn't even make it to the end of the game.  Left with an injury, the quitter.

• Like (+1) 1

Since the beginning of November, the Sabres have allowed 5 plus goals in 11 games.  That is a combination of bad play by the defense men, poor play in their own end as a team and substandard goal tending.  Tonight's game captured all three elements.  The players talk all they want time to put it into action.  If they lose but it is  3 to 2 that means there is a chance to improve.   The game was a dumpster fire.  

• Like (+1) 2

6 hours ago, GASabresIUFAN said:

Thank god we acquired Subban.  KA this is an embarrassment. 

What do you expect him to do? No free agents wanted to come here. A lot of players have us on their no trade lists and giving up assets to rush the rebuild is a big reason why were in the mess were in. This isn't KA fault at all. The previous GMs are at fault and KA is cleaning up their mess the right way. 

Edited by Kr632
  • Like (+1) 3
  • Haha (+1) 1

This topic is OLD. A NEW topic should be started unless there is a VERY SPECIFIC REASON to revive this one.