GDT: Sabres at Panthers Dec 2, 2021. 7PM MSG

spndnchz

2 minutes ago, pastajoe said:

The play in their defensive zone is sometimes atrocious. They keep chasing the puck instead of playing smart and maintaining coverage in the slot and pushing them away from the crease. Way too much reaching instead of checking. Weak back door coverage. Turning over the puck near the blue line instead of dumping it out to make the opponents reset.

It is bad at times.  Playing on your heels because you don't trust the goaltending makes having less talented guys facing bad matchups look even worse.

• Like (+1) 1

I seriously cannot think of a worse goalie in Sabres history than Dell.  If not Dell then it’s Tokarski, or Houser last year. 

Kevin Adams trades for Subban.  Not sure that is going to help much other than keep UPL in Rochester longer.  

It is amazing that the goaltending is this bad.  It’s a shame because the rest of this team is working.   It starts to feel hopeless. 

• Like (+1) 7

Just now, Pimlach said:

I seriously cannot think of a worse goalie in Sabres history than Dell.  If not Dell then it’s Tokarski, or Houser last year. 

Kevin Adams trades for Subban.  Not sure that is going to help much other than keep UPL in Rochester longer.  

It is amazing that the goaltending is this bad.  It’s a shame because the rest of this team is working.   It starts to feel hopeless. 

Dunno …Hutton was pretty bad. 😂

• Like (+1) 2

3 minutes ago, Broken Ankles said:

Why?  Because one plays 25+ minutes a night and the other plays 16.  One is a jag, the other is a 1OA.  You don’t see Elkblad making those mistakes do you?  No he played 28 minutes and dominated at both ends of the ice.  

Ekblad is 4 draft years older & went through his own growing pains.  He's actually a great example as to why people shouldn't give up on THIS 1OA D-man.

• Like (+1) 6
  • Thanks (+1) 1

1 minute ago, Gatorman0519 said:

In addition to Samuelson and Power, we need two more responsible physical defenseman to round out Joki and Dahlin. 

No No No! One of the board experts will tell you that you are wrong.  Skilled smooth skating no physicality is the way to go for all your blueliners.  

• Like (+1) 1
  • Haha (+1) 2

1 minute ago, Pimlach said:

The rest of the team was working in the 1st along with Dell… The rest of the team was watching in the last half of the game along with Dell…

• Like (+1) 1

1 minute ago, Pimlach said:

They seem to have no plan after last season.  This goalie situation is horrid.  The season is a wash.  Another season where playoff hopes are dashed before Christmas. I want to see improvement but there is little if any from the team.

Just now, PerreaultForever said:

Are you Derek Roy? 🙂

No fan of his either. 

• Like (+1) 1

2 minutes ago, Pimlach said:

So right. I've been banging this drum for awhile.... YOU HAVE NO CHANCE WITHOUT A COMPETENT GOALIE

Its a f***ing waste of time to think this team is worth more than dog**** until we have one that is actually playing in between the pipes

How does anybody get better or improve their play if you can't play a complete game because you are constantly covering up or making excuses for bad goaltending?

• Like (+1) 3
  • Thanks (+1) 1

18 minutes ago, Pimlach said:

Wait to you see subban.

2 minutes ago, Believer said:

The rest of the team was working in the 1st along with Dell… The rest of the team was watching in the last half of the game along with Dell…

Really?  That is what you saw?   I saw the Sabres play a terrible 2nd and cling to a lead.  They did dig deeper in the 3rd period.  I saw them outshoot Florida 18-10 in the third period and control play for a good amount of time.  I saw Florida’s rookie goalie come off the bench and make saves.  I saw Dell let in two more cheesy goals in the 3rd and blow a 4-3 lead.   Sure Florida is good, our defense is not, and Dell had a lot a shots on him.  Maybe he could cover the puck more?  Maybe he could control rebounds better?  

This team is breaking down because of poor goaltending.  The roster is already marginal.  They need a goalie to help them stay in games and they are not getting that.  How many games do you score 4 goals and lose because your goalie let’s in bad goals in bunches?  

We played bad enough to lose but also good enough to win.  

• Like (+1) 1

Obviously, our 💩 goaltending is a tank attempt. An agonizing one for sure, but a smarter one. 

If you suck badly with a bad goalie, one trade, FA acquisition, or prospect panning out can turn your team around.

If you burn your F's and D to the ground, it can take many years to recover.

It's just so much harder to watch your team lose games they could potentially win.

• Like (+1) 1

9 minutes ago, Gatorman0519 said:

KA just fielded his 3rd lotto team in 3 years. Someday we will have to actually stay showing improvement in the standings. 

Well I think that always was the plan. This was the deconstruction year and presumably that part ends with this season and you build and rise next year and it's just a question of how fast. 

I know this is crap right now, and a game like this is very annoying, but I see more things to be hopeful about right now than I did a few years back. This prospect cupboard seems substantially more promising than what we had and if we stick with it, in a few years we just might have a team that'd bury a bad goalie start like Bobrovski had tonight and then blow out that other team. 

• Like (+1) 3

Just now, PerreaultForever said:

Well I think that always was the plan. This was the deconstruction year and presumably that part ends with this season and you build and rise next year and it's just a question of how fast. 

I know this is crap right now, and a game like this is very annoying, but I see more things to be hopeful about right now than I did a few years back. This prospect cupboard seems substantially more promising than what we had and if we stick with it, in a few years we just might have a team that'd bury a bad goalie start like Bobrovski had tonight and then blow out that other team. 

I agree.... but I just don't understand why they felt they had to go with absolute garbage for goaltending. Ullmark would have been just good enough to make the season palatable without qualifying for the playoffs, in other words FANS with A**es in Seats.

I want to see more wins.  Especially when I turn on the tube and see a 3-0 lead after one period.  Then I expect to see a win.  

I’m tired of losing. I can’t make peace with it.  Never could. 

3 minutes ago, CallawaySabres said:

So how many more losses until the masses start rooting for more of them? The bottom 3 are within sight and you just know this awfulness is going to start again...ugh

NEVER play to lose. 

• Like (+1) 4
  • Thanks (+1) 1

This topic is OLD. A NEW topic should be started unless there is a VERY SPECIFIC REASON to revive this one.