GDT: Sabres at Panthers Dec 2, 2021. 7PM MSG

spndnchz

1 minute ago, Gatorman0519 said:

You can’t expect to win games without acceptable goaltending. 

You can’t expect to go to the playoffs without a franchise net minder. 

it starts there. 

And trading for Subban isn’t going to move the needle one bit towards this either. They needed a bolder move for netminder than that. 

• Like (+1) 1
  • Thanks (+1) 1

This is no revelation but the Sabres team D is atrocious. 

Didn’t like the sneaky cheap shots this Florida team gets away with. One example near the end of the second where Dahlin is in a scrum and a Florida player hides behind his guy and reaches in to give Rasmus an uppercut. Apparently the officials saw nothing ?

He was a little dirty for my liking but when Pat Kaleta was on the ice the other team had to have their heads on a swivel. We need someone like that to keep people honest. I had just finished saying to my wife that no one on the Sabres can throw a big hit when Zemgus nailed Gudas with a beauty. We truly need more of that.

overall a frustrating game to watch with 6 unanswered goals. Not much to take away from this one.

• Like (+1) 1
  • Awesome! (+1) 1

6 minutes ago, HumanSlinky39 said:

Dahlin almost face planting and coughing up the puck on that last PP pretty much summed up the game. He needs to head down to Rochester for a little while. He’s a mess.

You’re new year and maybe don’t understand the game.  He has to clear waivers to go to Rochester.  Waive him and another team will sign him.   We lose him for nothing.  Is that what you want?  

• Thanks (+1) 1

Just now, Billznut said:

And trading for Subban isn’t going to move the needle one bit towards this either. They needed a bolder move for netminder than that. 

Agreed. It’s unbelievable this position has been grossly ignored for 10 years. It’s like not having a franchise QB in football. UPL is not ready and the other two prospects are 3 years out. They have to make a move and get some stability for 2-3 years. 

• Like (+1) 2

I'm sick of people crucifying Dahlin; he had an ok game. Just because he makes a couple errors doesn't mean he's worthless. Miller quite literally gave the puck to the Panthers 10 times; Dahlin has some rough spots and likely needs a skating coach but it wasn't anywhere near his fault for us blowing this game to a hot Panthers team that just did the same to the Capitals the other night. Dell was well, Dell. We were inches away from a 5-4 lead if it weren't for a Panther having a golden horseshoe up his ass and Olofsson almost tied it twice. 

• Like (+1) 5

Sabres (sigh). 

Too many things to bitch about, all been said above but one thing really bothered me. For all his alleged genius, wtf is Granato thinking with that PP line up??? I mean I get wanting Mitts involved maybe, he's a playmaker, but not in that grouping. What on earth is the thinking for putting your big player wide on the wing and the little guy in front? Maybe Skinner scraps a little, but the goalie can see EVERYTHING and they just keep everything to the outside and 3 good PP chances and nothing. Not even any dangerous chances. And Granato sticks with it. WTF? 

That was just stupid. 

• Like (+1) 4

2 minutes ago, Pimlach said:

You’re new year and maybe don’t understand the game.  He has to clear waivers to go to Rochester.  Waive him and another team will sign him.   We lose him for nothing.  Is that what you want?  

Heat of the moment brain fart. I get a tad reactionary when I watch a 4-1 lead evaporate. LOL

• Thanks (+1) 1

2 minutes ago, thewookie1 said:

I'm sick of people crucifying Dahlin; he had an ok game. Just because he makes a couple errors doesn't mean he's worthless. Miller quite literally gave the puck to the Panthers 10 times; Dahlin has some rough spots and likely needs a skating coach but it wasn't anywhere near his fault for us blowing this game to a hot Panthers team that just did the same to the Capitals the other night. Dell was well, Dell. We were inches away from a 5-4 lead if it weren't for a Panther having a golden horseshoe up his ass and Olofsson almost tied it twice. 

Sabres fans love to make the top defenseman a whipping boy.  Has been that way for decades.  

2 minutes ago, Claude Balls said:

Welcome to Sabres hockey. Where we lead the league in blown leads and giving up empty netters.

and missing wide open nets.   

• Like (+1) 3

3 minutes ago, thewookie1 said:

Agree that Dahlin had a decent game.  He is becoming a lightning rod for a disgruntled fan base. He played hard and showed some sandpaper. 

• Like (+1) 3
  • Thanks (+1) 1

The play in their defensive zone is sometimes atrocious. They keep chasing the puck instead of playing smart and maintaining coverage in the slot and pushing them away from the crease. Way too much reaching instead of checking. Weak back door coverage. Turning over the puck near the blue line instead of dumping it out to make the opponents reset.

• Like (+1) 1
  • Awesome! (+1) 1

6 minutes ago, thewookie1 said:

Why?  Because one plays 25+ minutes a night and the other plays 16.  One is a jag, the other is a 1OA.  You don’t see Elkblad making those mistakes do you?  No he played 28 minutes and dominated at both ends of the ice.  

• Like (+1) 1

1 minute ago, pastajoe said:

The play in their defensive zone is sometimes atrocious. They keep chasing the puck instead of playing smart and maintaining coverage in the slot and pushing them away from the crease. Way too much reaching instead of checking. Weak back door coverage. Turning over the puck near the blue line instead of dumping it out to make the opponents reset.

In addition to Samuelson and Power, we need two more responsible physical defenseman to round out Joki and Dahlin. 

• Awesome! (+1) 1

This topic is OLD. A NEW topic should be started unless there is a VERY SPECIFIC REASON to revive this one.