GDT: Sabres at Panthers Dec 2, 2021. 7PM MSG

spndnchz

12 minutes ago, nfreeman said:

Well, Mr. Grumpy, the Panthers have been mediocre-to-terrible for pretty much their entire existence, so I don't think it's unreasonable for the fans to take a bit of convincing that the team is worth coming out for.

If they have a couple of seasons with good playoff results, I'd expect them to develop into a team with good attendance. 

Mr Grumpy?

They have been in the playoffs the last two seasons.  Do they need to win a Cup in order for the fans to support the team?

4 minutes ago, LabattBlue said:

Mr Grumpy?

They have been in the playoffs the last two seasons.  Do they need to win a Cup in order for the fans to support the team?

Not alot unlike the fans of the Sabres, who tend to stay away if they are not playing well.  Mostly the case for any team.

In 1996 the Panthers were all the rage.  Since then they have done not much of anything.

South Florida offers so much, especially in December, and attending a hockey game is not high on the list of preferred activitiies.

Just now, The Ghost of Doohickie said:

Not alot unlike the fans of the Sabres, who tend to stay away if they are not playing well.  Mostly the case for any team.

In 1996 the Panthers were all the rage.  Since then they have done not much of anything.

South Florida offers so much, especially in December, and attending a hockey game is not high on the list of preferred activitiies.

I guess.  Just frustrated that a great hockey town like Buffalo has had 10+ years of Pegula era hockey, and South Florida gets a cup contender.  Just tough to take as a life long fan of the Sabres.  😞

• Like (+1) 4

15 minutes ago, LabattBlue said:

I guess.  Just frustrated that a great hockey town like Buffalo has had 10+ years of Pegula era hockey, and South Florida gets a cup contender.  Just tough to take as a life long fan of the Sabres.  😞

I hear ya, Blue.  It's not easy being a Sabre fan.  The Bills too for that matter.

Yet, here we all are.

• Like (+1) 2

15 minutes ago, LabattBlue said:

Keep the faith and I totally hear you.

I will remain a sabres fan for the duration with or without beer goggles...

Go Sabres

35 minutes ago, LabattBlue said:

Mr Grumpy?

Florida lost in the first round last year and did not make the playoffs the prior year (or the 3 years before that one, for that matter). 

They have made the playoffs 3 times since 2000, and have not won a round in the playoffs since 1996 -- which was the ONE time in franchise history that they advanced.

I shudder to think what attendance would look like here with results like that.  Frankly it might be zero, as the team might have moved.

In any case, if the Sabres have finally hired the right guys and started to build a team the right way, as the Panthers appear to have done (except of course for a coach who looked the other way at the worst possible time), we may be on our way out of the desert.

I live in Panther country and kinda adopted them as a second team. This is probably the most skilled team they have had. Their GM did an incredible job of drafting and trading and built a top 3 team this year. The Sabres will have to play really good defensively and get good goaltending. And stay out of the box. Most likely this is a 6-2 type game. 

24 minutes ago, Gatorman0519 said:

I live in Panther country and kinda adopted them as a second team. This is probably the most skilled team they have had. Their GM did an incredible job of drafting and trading and built a top 3 team this year. The Sabres will have to play really good defensively and get good goaltending. And stay out of the box. Most likely this is a 6-2 type game. 

Do they still make the center sections of the 100's concessions included tickets?  Know they used to do that & the seriously jacked up price for those seats kept their sales on the low end & the free concessions kept the ushers on their toes to keep people from sneaking into them.

Which makes for a horrible look on TV.

11 minutes ago, Taro T said:

Do they still make the center sections of the 100's concessions included tickets?  Know they used to do that & the seriously jacked up price for those seats kept their sales on the low end & the free concessions kept the ushers on their toes to keep people from sneaking into them.

Which makes for a horrible look on TV.

They do that at the Barclays Center in Brookly, but it's on a seat-by-seat basis, not entire sections, and waiter service isn't included for most seats -- you just go to the concession stand and they scan your ticket to confirm that you are entitled to "free" food and drink. 

• Thanks (+1) 1

Sabres win 5-3 but Reinhart scores for the Panthers.  Mitts has a goal and a helper in his return.  Asplund scores on a Mitts setup.  Eakin gets an empty net goal to seal the win.  Skinner and Miller also score for Buffalo.  Barkov and Bennett score the other Panthers goals.  

Edited by GASabresIUFAN

2 hours ago, LabattBlue said:

Totally understand been here since their inception. The Pegula era has been the most frustrating.

• Like (+1) 2

4 hours ago, LabattBlue said:

Fans in Buffalo have a reason to boycott home games.  Supposed “Fans” in Florida have a great team and every time I flip one of their games on, the lower bowl is filled with empty seats.  That is a franchise that should be moved. 

F THEM. 😡

There are too many teams.  The game is watered down.  

I would love to go back to 24 to 28 teams.  The quality of the game would be amazing.  

• Like (+1) 1

13 minutes ago, Pimlach said:

I would love to go back to 24 to 28 teams.  The quality of the game would be amazing.  

Yeah but all that expansion money for owners who cares about a watered down product. The owners love it.

19 minutes ago, Pimlach said:

82 games is too many as well...go back to 74

3 hours ago, Gatorman0519 said:

things we don't do well

Not too many years ago these two teams were pretty even.  

They Panthers developed their players and brought in great goaltending.  We didn’t do either.  

I am one of the optimistic ones but this looks like a tough match up, especially on the road. 

This topic is OLD. A NEW topic should be started unless there is a VERY SPECIFIC REASON to revive this one.