Practice Notes for November 30, 2021; Mitts is Back!

Brawndo

• Brawndo changed the title to Practice Notes for November 30, 2021; Mitts is Back!

Mitts is Back!

Snl GIF by Saturday Night Live

34 minutes ago, woods-racer said:

What happened to Bryson?

He didn't play yesterday.  I didn't hear that he was injured but it could be that or maybe a personal issue?  I tend to think it's the latter since they haven't spoken about it (respecting privacy and all that).

Edited by The Ghost of Yuri
  • Like (+1) 1

3 hours ago, The Ghost of Yuri said:

I just want to know if Mitts led the stretch.

Beat me to it.

But more importantly, welcome back, Mitts! You just need to get back to nearly a point-per-game production because a lot of us had you tagged as the team's points leader at the end of the season and you have some catching up to do. And... well, we need the offense, puck possession, and transitions you can provide.

• Like (+1) 2

19 hours ago, GASabresIUFAN said:

Wolanin waived +

Jankowski in the lineup++

Murray playing ahead of Hayden +++

Mitts’ returns ++++

Tokar hurt - - -

No other real goalie in the organization worth playing - priceless.

It's getting eerily similar to the botts-2C situation

19 hours ago, GASabresIUFAN said:

Wolanin waived +

Jankowski in the lineup++

Murray playing ahead of Hayden +++

Mitts’ returns ++++

Tokar hurt - - -

No other real goalie in the organization worth playing - priceless.

UPL has certainly warranted a call up as of late.  I know for the sake of development, they probably won’t do it long term.  I see no issue giving him a game or two if Toker needs a week or two off.   

• Like (+1) 1

I'm going to throw some cold water on the expectations for Mitts.  He was a major disappointment and looked well on his way to being a washout for his first 2.6 or so NHL seasons, and then showed signs of life in garbage time last year when DG took over.

He has good puck skills, and I don't necessarily think he's going to be as useless as he was under Howie and RK, but I also think it's ill-advised to expect him to parachute in and play like a good #1 or #2 NHL center.

YMMV, of course.

3 minutes ago, nfreeman said:

I'm going to throw some cold water on the expectations for Mitts.  He was a major disappointment and looked well on his way to being a washout for his first 2.6 or so NHL seasons, and then showed signs of life in garbage time last year when DG took over.

He has good puck skills, and I don't necessarily think he's going to be as useless as he was under Howie and RK, but I also think it's ill-advised to expect him to parachute in and play like a good #1 or #2 NHL center.

YMMV, of course.

Especially coming off an injury. Hopefully that isn't a long term set back 

• Like (+1) 1

3 minutes ago, nfreeman said:

YMMV, of course.

Tage has been a shocking turnaround, to me anyway. So, I had already written Mitts off as well, so I feel as if we are almost playing with house money. It would be an improbable, but terrific catalyst to the rebuild if you end up with a 2C and 3C with those two fellas. More fun to hope so I'm going with that.

• Like (+1) 3

21 minutes ago, nfreeman said:

YMMV, of course.

It's interesting that in his extended absence a lot (most?) posters seem to be sliding back towards their established perceptions of Mittelstadt — good or bad — as if last April never happened.

Me too. Personally, I think what we saw late last year is what I expected him to turn into and who he is. The injury may be a factor early.

Edited by dudacek
  • Like (+1) 2

4 minutes ago, dudacek said:

It's interesting that in his extended absence a lot (most?) posters seem to be sliding back towards their established perceptions of Mittelstadt — good or bad — as if last April never happened.

Me too. Personally, I think what we saw late last year is what I expected him to turn into and who he is. The injury may be a factor early.

Last April & this preseason as well.

34 minutes ago, nfreeman said:

YMMV, of course.

Totally agree. Like Tage, this is a prove it year for Mitts. He’s shown glimpses, but he hasn’t proved much at the NHL level and the first couple years were pretty bad. Thus, should not be looked at as a “savior” to reach team mediocrity. I’m just looking for contribution and continued improvement. 

This topic is OLD. A NEW topic should be started unless there is a VERY SPECIFIC REASON to revive this one.