DeBrusk asks Boston for a trade? Any interest?

GASabresIUFAN

2 hours ago, elijah said:

We do not have ‘enough good forwards’ for any sustainable success. In theory, MAYBE we have ‘enough good forwards’ in terms of potential. But even then, the teams lacked real NHL talent and just shuffled AHLers through the 3rd and 4th line for way too long. 

The team is loaded on young assets right now and has a surplus of cap space, if I could send a 4th or a 5th for a player like Debrusk on an expiring contract, take a flier and see if he turns his game back around, and if you could sign him for a cheap deal, then absolutely. 

At the price Andrew Peters is suggesting on Twitter, a 2nd or maybe even multiple? Absolutely not. Marty on WGR, a 2nd and expecting him to immediately slot in as a ‘piece’ moving forward and pencilling him in as a long term good 3rd liner? I’ll pass. 

Take a flier, see if he makes a difference, and if not then move on. 

Agree with this arguments, but I think news about DeBrusk is just a trick to find a fool who will overpay for him...They will ask too much..

More from 32 Thoughts 

7. The Bruins have Anton Blidh injured, Brad Marchand suspended and multiple COVID-19 cases at AHL Providence making call-ups impossible. Coach Bruce Cassidy is in protocol, too. Jake DeBrusk asked for a trade -- something also investigated last summer -- and Boston would like to accommodate it, but their unstable roster situation makes things trickier. St. Louis has been a rumoured destination for a while, for example, but there’s a lot of interest.

This is a personal brainstorm, but I wonder if there’s a fit with Seattle in a Mason Appleton-type move. Appleton found a niche in Winnipeg last season, but it’s been harder with the Kraken. DeBrusk will be a restricted free agent with arbitration rights and a qualifying offer just above $4 million.

8. Appleton scored his first two goals of the season Monday in a 7-4 win over Buffalo. Another name to watch.

36 minutes ago, Kristian said:

Or defensemen….

The JAGs are there too in Hagg, Butcher, and even Pysyk.  With only Jokiharju and Dahlin signed for next season, KA has a clean slate to work with. 
There are lots of internal candidates

1) Power (LHD) tops the list obviously assuming he signs

2) Samuelsson (LHD) - Physical D that this D 

3) Bryson (LHD) has played pretty well most of the season, but with Power and Samuelsson coming into the lineup can he keep his job. He’s an RFA. 

4) Pysyk (RHD) has played pretty well with Dahlin, but not sure he is part of the solution next season.  I’d like to see an upgrade here.  He’s a UFA.

5) Laaksonen (RHD) offensively minded D has thrived in Rochester, but is his D zone play NHL ready.

6) Fitzgerald (RHD) more of a stay at home D, but offense is coming along. At 24 his ship may have sailed.

7) Johnson (LHD) likely to be signed this off-season. Probably starts next year in the AHL, but he could also surprise.

In theory, KA could go with the first 6 and see what happens, but I suspect he’s going to bring in at least one proven vet.

Edited by GASabresIUFAN

DeBrusk has fallen out of favour because he isn't scoring, because of that his defensive lapses are under more scrutiny and thus he sat and thus he asked. His scoring has dropped every year since signing his contract. Stylistically he might fit better with us than them but he's really kind of a floaty streaky player and not all that. Another guy, like Hall, who Krecji carried. That's why Bruins can't score, they didn't replace Krecji, who was underrated his whole career. 

TSN said 12 teams talking to Boston about DeBrusk though. Bruins might be happy to ditch his salary so they can bring in Rask + but otherwise, I suspect the price is higher than I'd pay. 

This topic is OLD. A NEW topic should be started unless there is a VERY SPECIFIC REASON to revive this one.