Sabres Sign Mark Jankowski to a One Year 750k Deal, Artuu Ruotsalainen has been loaned to Rochester

Brawndo

41 minutes ago, The Ghost of Yuri said:

Prolly.  I never understand his attempts at humor that involve references outside of hockey.

If I'm reading it right, I think @PASabreFan read @Indabuff's post and starting thinking Seabass. But then wandered down the path even further and now even PA isn't sure what the references are. And now we're onto two pages about Jankowski. Welcome to Sabrespace, Jankowski!

• Haha (+1) 1

I think there is a little bit more to the story then him being sent down.

R2 is Waiver exempt until he is 25 or plays in 70 Games (He is currently at 63), so it made sense to sit him and let him get some practices in at the NHL level and send him down when we have someone playing good enough at the AHL level we can bring up and that is not part of our young squad. I honestly think this is a great job by the GM and staff for using every small advantage we can get to get a much larger return in the end.

I might add we need guys that are over 200lbs because are fast small guys are stick swinging and not moving guys off the puck and allowing people to cross the blueline with ease. The best way to stop a rush is to put someone on their arse, and we just do not have those type of guys ATM.

Happy Happy Everyone

4 minutes ago, Nozlen said:

I might add we need guys that are over 200lbs because are fast small guys are stick swinging and not moving guys off the puck and allowing people to cross the blueline with ease. The best way to stop a rush is to put someone on their arse, and we just do not have those type of guys ATM.

Happy Happy Everyone

There are a TON of guys who are over 200lbs. (Past, present, and future) who don’t use their weight to their advantage. So no, I don’t want the weight of a player to enter into the equation unless unless unless he’s got some damn good talent AND skill to back up that weight. The last thing I want is a 220 pound less talented John Scott on this team. No F’in thanks.

2 hours ago, Zamboni said:

There are a TON of guys who are over 200lbs. (Past, present, and future) who don’t use their weight to their advantage. So no, I don’t want the weight of a player to enter into the equation unless unless unless he’s got some damn good talent AND skill to back up that weight. The last thing I want is a 220 pound less talented John Scott on this team. No F’in thanks.

I will take a 200 pound guy with skills over a 185lb guy who gets pancaked non stop and avoids contact at all costs (A vast majority of our team) any day of the week and twice on Sunday. We are a VERY soft team, and until we grow a pair, we will keep getting bullied by EVERY team, we need bulk not soft azz players who avoid contact. 

I might add where did I ever mention I wanted no talent 200+ guys, that was just a dumb assumption.

Edited by Nozlen

25 minutes ago, Nozlen said:

I will take a 200 pound guy with skills over a 185lb guy who gets pancaked non stop and avoids contact at all costs (A vast majority of our team) any day of the week and twice on Sunday. We are a VERY soft team, and until we grow a pair, we will keep getting bullied by EVERY team, we need bulk not soft azz players who avoid contact. 

I might add where did I ever mention I wanted no talent 200+ guys, that was just a dumb assumption.

You mentioned weight as an important factor to you. Seemingly very important. Important enough for you to emphasize it.

I don’t. If you had to pick one over another. I would emphasize Skill over weight. I don’t mind the 175 lb soaking wet skilled player who grabs you 50-60 pts, more than I would want the 220 lb guy who can lay the body in a mean way, but doesn’t have much skill beyond being a physical beast.

20 minutes ago, Zamboni said:

You mentioned weight as an important factor to you. Seemingly very important. Important enough for you to emphasize it.

I don’t. If you had to pick one over another. I would emphasize Skill over weight. I don’t mind the 175 lb soaking wet skilled player who grabs you 50-60 pts, more than I would want the 220 lb guy who can lay the body in a mean way, but doesn’t have much skill beyond being a physical beast.

Again you assume I want a team full of guys over 200 pounds, no I don't.

I want a good mix of both so we get the best of both worlds and not all of only one. In your head, think of the players who have done the most and stand out every game and then go look at the roster for the size of those players.

I love our small fast skilled guys but they are pushed off the puck so easily in the offensive zone non stop, we need to find the right balance and I think we are slowly starting to address it. Murray and Jankowski are going to be a much needed added boost to the physical play and front of the net presence.

Lastly it's hard to get a presence in front of the net if your guy weighs 25lbs or more less then the guy defending him. Just saying, are there guys who do it and are small YES...do we have those guy(s) on the roster???

Edited by Nozlen

27 minutes ago, Nozlen said:

Again you assume I want a team full of guys over 200 pounds, no I don't.

I want a good mix of both so we get the best of both worlds and not all of only one. In your head, think of the players who have done the most and stand out every game and then go look at the roster for the size of those players.

I love our small fast skilled guys but they are pushed off the puck so easily in the offensive zone non stop, we need to find the right balance and I think we are slowly starting to address it. Murray and Jankowski are going to be a much needed added boost to the physical play and front of the net presence.

Lastly it's hard to get a presence in front of the net if your guy weighs 25lbs or more less then the guy defending him. Just saying, are there guys who do it and are small YES...do we have those guy(s) on the roster???

I think we are talking past each other.  And I couldn’t care less 😂 

1 hour ago, Pimlach said:

R2 will get some development time in Rochester and maybe things will click more for him in the future. 

Jankowski will add size to the  lineup, not sure what we get with that size in terms of speed and skill.  We will find out.  

Jankowski has the potential to be a solid 4C, battling it out with Eakin when Mitts returns.

2 hours ago, Pimlach said:

R2 will get some development time in Rochester and maybe things will click more for him in the future. 

Jankowski will add size to the  lineup, not sure what we get with that size in terms of speed and skill.  We will find out.  

R2 wasn't playing well, let him try to find his game in the AHL again.  Limited minutes on the 4th line weren't helping.

• Thanks (+1) 1

35 minutes ago, French Collection said:

Jankowski has the potential to be a solid 4C, battling it out with Eakin when Mitts returns.

Eakin has been better this year (than the worst player in hockey seemingly) - but when you put him on an actual 4th line without line mates who can cycle well the offensive deficiencies are very apparent.  That 4th line can't get the puck off the wall, and can't make anything of note happen in front of the net.  Bringing in a big body with NHL experience could allow you to move eakin to the press box if he continues to struggle.

This topic is OLD. A NEW topic should be started unless there is a VERY SPECIFIC REASON to revive this one.