GDT-11/27/21:The Buffalo Sabres versus The Detroit Red Wings, with the latter being the Home Team. Puck Drop 1am CET(11/28), 8:30 pm NST, 8 pm AST 7pm EST, 6pm CST, 5pm MST and 4pm PST. The Game will be broadcast on MSG and will be simulcast on WGR 550.

Brawndo

• SDS pinned this topic
8 minutes ago, mjd1001 said:

This might be a tough one. Detroit is getting better. Sabres on the 2nd half of a back-to-back with travel. Detroit plays really well at home this year.  I expect a loss, but hopefully will be proven wrong...and at least expect to be entertained with some Sabres goals.

And, to add to that belief, Dell is most likely in goal tonight, yes? 

15 minutes ago, PickaPecaPickles said:

And, to add to that belief, Dell is most likely in goal tonight, yes? 

I know a lot of people will say this is a 'losers' mentality, but if they start Dell in net and lose, but it isn't a blow-out and it is entertaining with the Sabres putting in at least 3-4 goals, I'll be OK with that.  With this team I WANT them to win, but this season is not about W's and L's for me, it is about seeing progress I can be excited for and, quite simply, being entertained with goals.

• Like (+1) 1

• Brawndo changed the title to Game Day Thread: The Buffalo Sabres versus The Detroit Red Wings, with the latter being the Home Team. The Puck Drop is scheduled for 7pm EST, 6pm CST, 5pm MST and 4pm PST. The Game will be broadcast on MSG and will be simulcast on WGR 550.
45 minutes ago, Brawndo said:

Game Day Thread: The Buffalo Sabres versus The Detroit Red Wings, with the latter being the Home Team. The Puck Drop is scheduled for 7pm EST, 6pm CST, 5pm MST and 4pm PST. The Game will be broadcast on MSG and will be simulcast on WGR 550.

@Brawndo, you magnificent bastard  😄

• Like (+1) 1
  • Haha (+1) 1

This is the second of four meetings between the Sabres and Red Wings this season.
• Last meeting: Detroit defeated Buffalo 4-3 (OT) in Buffalo on Nov. 6, 2021
• Next meeting: Saturday, Jan. 15, 2022 in Detroit

• The Sabres are 6-1-3 in their last 10 games against the Red Wings; 8-2-0 on the road.
• This is the 147th game all-time between Buffalo and Detroit; Buffalo has a 66-59-21 series record.
• The Sabres are 27-39-8 on the road against the Red Wings all-time. 

24 minutes ago, mjd1001 said:

I know a lot of people will say this is a 'losers' mentality, but if they start Dell in net and lose, but it isn't a blow-out and it is entertaining with the Sabres putting in at least 3-4 goals, I'll be OK with that.  With this team I WANT them to win, but this season is not about W's and L's for me, it is about seeing progress I can be excited for and, quite simply, being entertained with goals.

it is a losers mentality...this franchise has lost so often that many here are now ok with it as long as you're entertained. That's so sad

40 minutes ago, The Ghost of Yuri said:

@Brawndo, you magnificent bastard  😄

Nope. There was no reason for snark. Just write a good subject line. I'd like to see a standard format, but at the very least bother to hit the space bar once in a while and separate numbers that aren't part of a set with something more than a space. So it doesn't look like the game is taking place in 20217 (at which time the Sabres will still be seeking a franchise goalie).

Why is this franchise in a ditch in the wilderness within a stone's throw of the end of the earth? I'd look first and foremost to this board's GDTs.

35 minutes ago, nucci said:

it is a losers mentality...this franchise has lost so often that many here are now ok with it as long as you're entertained. That's so sad

That is the problem with people like you...you are so quick to label something else as 'sad' if you don't agree with it.  You know what? Some of us watch sports to be ENTERTAINED, win or loss.  It isn't such a big part of our lives that we place labels on others (or their thoughts) like you just did.

So basically you are wrong. It isn't a 'losers mentality' that is 'sad'. What it is..it is the mentality of a fan that can appreciate the game for more than being just the black and white of the scoreboard and nothing more....who can appreciate the 'building of a team' and enjoy it.

Edited by mjd1001
  • Like (+1) 1

1 hour ago, mjd1001 said:

I agree with all of what you said after the first comma...I'd say it's just being realistic that he's not as good as Toke.

2 hours ago, PASabreFan said:

Oh. FFS. Nice spacing.

LOSS.

Sorry, boss I slept late after being up at 07:00 to pray before sunrise and went back to sleep after that and got up at 10:30.

Should have started this puppy then and I would have figured out a way to stick in an accent someplace.

2 hours ago, Brawndo said:

I DEMAND AN EDIT TO THE THREAD TITLE TO SHOW NOT ONLY THE START TIME IN HALIFAX, NEW SCOTLAND, BUT ALSO ST. JOHN'S (TROPICAL ISLAND OF NEWFOUNDLAND) AND IN GLASGOW, OLD SCOTLAND AND BRUSSELS, BELGIUM AND SWEEDEN AND ANY OTHER FAR FLUNG PLACES WHERE YOU FIND ANY FELLOW SABRESPACER!!

• Like (+1) 1
  • Haha (+1) 1

34 minutes ago, mjd1001 said:

That is the problem with people like you...you are so quick to label something else as 'sad' if you don't agree with it.  You know what? Some of us watch sports to be ENTERTAINED, win or loss.  It isn't such a big part of our lives that we place labels on others (or their thoughts) like you just did.

So basically you are wrong. It isn't a 'losers mentality' that is 'sad'. What it is..it is the mentality of a fan that can appreciate the game for more than being just the black and white of the scoreboard and nothing more....who can appreciate the 'building of a team' and enjoy it.

You don't know anything about me

• Like (+1) 1

4 minutes ago, The Ghost of Doohickie said:

I DEMAND AN EDIT TO THE THREAD TITLE TO SHOW NOT ONLY THE START TIME IN HALIFAX, NEW SCOTLAND, BUT ALSO ST. JOHN'S (TROPICAL ISLAND OF NEWFOUNDLAND) AND IN GLASGOW, OLD SCOTLAND AND BRUSSELS, BELGIUM AND SWEEDEN AND ANY OTHER FAR FLUNG PLACES WHERE YOU FIND ANY FELLOW SABRESPACER!!

I ran out of characters for the title or they they would be 

• Haha (+1) 2

27 minutes ago, Brawndo said:

I ran out of characters for the title or they they would be 

THEN I DEMAND THAT YOU EDIT SOME OF THE WORDS OUT TO MAKE SPACE.  SURELY ALL OF US KNOW WHICH IS THE HOME TEAM BY THE ORDER THEY APPEAR IN THE TITLE!!

8 minutes ago, Indabuff said:

A man of few words eh?

Screenshot_20211127-120732_Chrome.jpg

I didn't know that you were a fellow Hoser, eh.

• Brawndo changed the title to GDT-11/27/21:The Buffalo Sabres versus The Detroit Red Wings, with the latter being the Home Team. The Puck Drop is scheduled for 7pm EST, 6pm CST, 5pm MST and 4pm PST. The Game will be broadcast on MSG and will be simulcast on WGR 550.
This topic is OLD. A NEW topic should be started unless there is a VERY SPECIFIC REASON to revive this one.