Friedman:Sabres are looking for Goaltending Help

Brawndo

17 hours ago, PerreaultForever said:

That's a good question. I don't think anybody good. Best you're going to be able to do right now is some cast off like Murray. Possibly there will be a salary dump goalie closer to deadline if some team wants to add but can't due to cap space but at that time what's the point? 

Options for 2022?  The team is in a serious goalie hole at the moment.  Playing better in front of them helps make it a more desirable destination, but they need to add talent and evaluate this year to see about finding someone for the forseeable future.

1 hour ago, darksabre said:

I'm wondering if the Sabres should just do what Edmonton did a few years ago with Koskinen and grab some vet Euro goalie who is dominating in some Euro league and give him a chance?

Strauss Mann (23yrs) is currently near the top of the SHL with .929 sv% in 9gp. 

Eetu Anttila (22yrs) is currently in Liiga with a .933 sv% in 6gp

Nick Malik (19yrs) is currently in Liiga with a .926 sv% in 15gp

Edited by LGR4GM
added more info
  • Like (+1) 2
  • Thanks (+1) 1

14 minutes ago, LGR4GM said:

Perfect. Bring any of them in. At worst it doesn't work out and you've lost basically nothing. At best it makes the Sabres better and then you can trade him or Anderson or Tokarski at the deadline. There's really no reason not to do it.

free.jpg

• Like (+1) 1

1 hour ago, LGR4GM said:

Mann was the starting Goalie for University at Michigan through last season, He and Portillo know each other well

• Thanks (+1) 1

UPL has more  NHL raw material than Tokarski or Dell.

I don’t think he’s near ready, but he has a better chance of catching lightning in a bottle than either.

I think he’s highly likely to implode, but he can’t be worse than what we’ve got from Toker in half his recent games. And Dell every game.

• Like (+1) 1

This topic is OLD. A NEW topic should be started unless there is a VERY SPECIFIC REASON to revive this one.