Friedman:Sabres are looking for Goaltending Help

Brawndo

16 minutes ago, JoeSchmoe said:

I like it better with him gone. Who follows and un-follows a team based on a mediocre goalie like Ullmark? This place is for real Sabres fans only.

I liked the dude a lot as a sabres fan and he was one of the better guys on this board for years.   But he got really negative last year which is to understand.   And I had to bite my tongue on some of the remarks he made about this team especially when it became clear Linus left.  So I get your sentiment a bit.
But keep in mind him and Ullmark know each other really well.

Was sad to see him go, but he is a bruins fan now I guess 🤷‍♂️

• Thanks (+1) 1

44 minutes ago, SabresVet said:

Who are these goalies that fans should get their torches and pitchforks out for?  

Not wanting to play in Buffalo is becoming a theme to this season.  

Were 20 or so games in and it already looks like a better destination than it did during free agency.  The eichel situation is settled, the teams playing alright and the pathway to #1 minutes is there if you can play well.  Theoretically can use that as an opportunity to catch on with a playoff team.  But who's even available?

12 minutes ago, Drag0nDan said:

Were 20 or so games in and it already looks like a better destination than it did during free agency.  The eichel situation is settled, the teams playing alright and the pathway to #1 minutes is there if you can play well.  Theoretically can use that as an opportunity to catch on with a playoff team.  But who's even available?

That's a good question. I don't think anybody good. Best you're going to be able to do right now is some cast off like Murray. Possibly there will be a salary dump goalie closer to deadline if some team wants to add but can't due to cap space but at that time what's the point? 

4 hours ago, Huckleberry said:

I liked the dude a lot as a sabres fan and he was one of the better guys on this board for years.   But he got really negative last year which is to understand.   And I had to bite my tongue on some of the remarks he made about this team especially when it became clear Linus left.  So I get your sentiment a bit.
But keep in mind him and Ullmark know each other really well.

Was sad to see him go, but he is a bruins fan now I guess 🤷‍♂️

Has this been verified?

I find it hard to believe that an NHL player would be okay with a close friend posting on here with the rest of us schlebs. I know if my 46 year old, bum knee, overweight fat a** ever makes the bigs, I'm not letting my friends anywhere near this cesspool! 🤣 🤣

Are we sure he's just not some sort of superfan that thinks he knows Ullmark better than he does?

• Like (+1) 1

4 minutes ago, JoeSchmoe said:

Has this been verified?

I find it hard to believe that an NHL player would be okay with a close friend posting on here with the rest of us schlebs. I know if my 46 year old, bum knee, overweight fat a** ever makes the bigs, I'm not letting my friends anywhere near this cesspool! 🤣 🤣

Are we sure he's just not some sort of superfan that thinks he knows Ullmark better than he does?

No, Modo is a Ullmark friend first and foremost. Team fan second. So he’s all about Boston at the present moment in time.

• Like (+1) 1

30 minutes ago, dudacek said:

Dustin Tokarski’s save percentages in November:

• The good: .927, .962, .960, .978, .943, 
  • The bad: .806, .667, .783, .833, .879, .892
  • The ugly: 3/4/2 3.72 .894 overall

This is our “good” goalie.

Welcome to the not so secret tank.  Score 4 goals a night and still lose.

The Sabres are currently 15th (64 goals) in GF, but are -13 in differential.  Our 77 goals allowed is 31st.  

Edited by GASabresIUFAN
  • Like (+1) 1

2 hours ago, JoeSchmoe said:

Has this been verified?

As I recall when he came to the US for one of the SS Meetups, he actually got to see the dressing room with Linus or something like that (maybe someone who went that time can fill in details).  I think that puts him somewhere between fan and friend, and possibly just two guys from the same town who kind of know each other.

Really I had no problem with him turning on the Sabres when Ullmark signed with Boston.  But at that point he should have left instead of hanging around and badmouthing the franchise we follow.

• Like (+1) 1

3 minutes ago, The Ghost of Yuri said:

As I recall when he came to the US for one of the SS Meetups, he actually got to see the dressing room with Linus or something like that (maybe someone who went that time can fill in details).  I think that puts him somewhere between fan and friend, and possibly just two guys from the same town who kind of know each other.

Really I had no problem with him turning on the Sabres when Ullmark signed with Boston.  But at that point he should have left instead of hanging around and badmouthing the franchise we follow.

I thought he made some good friends here, real friends at the get together, not just internet buddies. I was shocked at his final few posts.  

7 hours ago, dudacek said:

Dustin Tokarski’s save percentages in November:

• The good: .927, .962, .960, .978, .943, 
  • The bad: .806, .667, .783, .833, .879, .892
  • The ugly: 3/4/2 3.72 .894 overall

This is our “good” goalie.

Looks like they want 1 goalie to play all games. This is our Sabres organization...      

Screenshot_20211130-133630_Chrome.jpg

Edited by Berg
  • Like (+1) 1

10 hours ago, JoeSchmoe said:

Has this been verified?

Yeah it was pretty much verified , they are from same town in Sweden, not saying they were best friends. 

1 hour ago, sabrefanday1 said:

afraid to ask but did Ryan retire? I really think short term he would be far better then anybody we have now, come cheap and he really ought to retire a Sabre.  Hell he is far younger than Anderson and he was our best goalie. Worth a shot and he deserves to retire here...

Let's hire Hasek than)

• Like (+1) 1

2 hours ago, sabrefanday1 said:

afraid to ask but did Ryan retire? I really think short term he would be far better then anybody we have now, come cheap and he really ought to retire a Sabre.  Hell he is far younger then Anderson and he was our best goalie. Worth a shot and he deserves to retire here...

Yes Ryan Miller retired.

his wife is still an active actress, and from all indications wants to stay in California. I don’t think he’s interested at all in leaving California for anything. And until his actions prove otherwise… That’s what I’m going to continue to believe. If someone knows something different that is definitive, by all means Chime in.

• Like (+1) 1

1 hour ago, The Ghost of Yuri said:

Eh.  I can't take issue with what he said.  Pretty close to my own feelings.

You can take issues with posters here and what they post etc.

I don't think anyone should question another fan's motivation for following a team, nor call anyone not a real fan.

11 minutes ago, Zamboni said:

Yes Ryan Miller retired.

his wife is still an active actress, and from all indications wants to stay in California. I don’t think he’s interested at all in leaving California for anything. And until his actions prove otherwise… That’s what I’m going to continue to believe. If someone knows something different that is definitive, by all means Chime in.

Craig Anderson was an available version of Ryan Miller.

This topic is OLD. A NEW topic should be started unless there is a VERY SPECIFIC REASON to revive this one.