Friedman:Sabres are looking for Goaltending Help

Brawndo

22 minutes ago, Flashsabre said:

Looking at Dallas, Holtby is the guy without any NMC, Khudobin and Bishop have them, so he would probably be the guy. Having a good season there.

Would you be shocked if I told you Dell’s numbers are better this year then last year with NJ?🤣

Dallas knows we are in a jam, probably asking for one of those first round picks we have. 

Dear KA,

Maybe you could have done this search before the season!  

Why has it taken 1/4 of the season to figure out the goaltending sucked?  Was it the fact that his 40 year old starter got hurt and won’t be back any time soon? Was it your backup choice can’t stop anything, just like last year? 

Why even look now?  If you wanted to tank, then tank, but be honest with the fans and players.  They are being honest with you.  The players play hard every night and the fans are showing what they think about the tank.  They are staying home in droves.  

If you truly wanted to support the club, you had all off-season to find an upgrade for Hutton and once Ullmark walked, a competent GM would have a solid fallback plan in works.  You did neither and now your young team is struggling.  What a surprise.

Edited by GASabresIUFAN
  • Like (+1) 4
  • Awesome! (+1) 1

14 minutes ago, SabresVet said:

Given this franchise, it wouldn't surprise me if Anderson is more than week-to-week.

I wish they'd been, provided Friedman is correct, this forward thinking about goalies a little earlier than this week. 

Last season they thought Hutton would be fine. Fail 

This off season it looks like they planned on getting Ullmark back and UPL being ready. Fail 

Then Anderson and Toker looked good for awhile but the wheels fell off that cart pretty quickly. 

1 minute ago, Buffalonill said:

After the Jack fiasco no one should believe any of these insiders 

Oh, I believe they are looking for a goalie 

8 minutes ago, bob_sauve28 said:

Last season they thought Hutton would be fine. Fail 

This off season it looks like they planned on getting Ullmark back and UPL being ready. Fail 

Then Anderson and Toker looked good for awhile but the wheels fell off that cart pretty quickly. 

Oh, I believe they are looking for a goalie 

So they sign the worst  Goalie tandem and they thought it would work ? That gives me so much confidence who they're going to trade for 

• Like (+1) 2

1 hour ago, bob_sauve28 said:

Dallas knows we are in a jam, probably asking for one of those first round picks we have. 

Our jam might be less than theirs.  They really can't keep going with 3 or 4 goaltenders.  We don't need to get a goaltender, much as you and I would like to.  Dallas really can't wait indefinitely on moving Holtby -- and he is their most expendable goaltender, has a high cap hit, does not have a NMC, and is, frankly, the least of their goaltenders.  Khudobin and Bishop have NMC and Oettinger is outplaying both of them.

• Thanks (+1) 1

2 hours ago, bob_sauve28 said:

You have got it backwards. Dallas is in a jam. Bishop is almost ready to come back but they can’t bring him back off of LTIR because they have no cap space. Oettinger is their best goalie but he would have to be sent down because he is the only one with options. Khudobin and Bishop have NMCs. 

• Like (+1) 2
  • Thanks (+1) 1

22 minutes ago, PerreaultForever said:

If they now flip the script and trade a high pick or prospect for a goalie I might be done caring. It'd be an admission of a total f up. 

I say wait until January and trade Bjork back to the Bruins for Ullmark. That seems about right for this team. 

Well, it of course will all come down to what they get and what the price is.  I'm inclined to give KA the benefit of the doubt on this or at least wait until a deal happens before assuming they overpaid.

• Like (+1) 5

6 minutes ago, nfreeman said:

Well, it of course will all come down to what they get and what the price is.  I'm inclined to give KA the benefit of the doubt on this or at least wait until a deal happens before assuming they overpaid.

I just don't want him to pull a Terry Murray and start trading off the capital he has acquired for veterans. We decided to tear it down and build with the draft, we have to stick to that now - this time. 

• Like (+1) 3

3 minutes ago, PerreaultForever said:

I just don't want him to pull a Terry Murray and start trading off the capital he has acquired for veterans. We decided to tear it down and build with the draft, we have to stick to that now - this time. 

Don’t worry, he isn’t acquiring anyone except on the cheap.  

• Like (+1) 2

29 minutes ago, PerreaultForever said:

Broadly I agree with this but I’m also willing to pay something for a real NHL goalie.  Probably not a #1, and probably not for any other position besides goalie, but I need a real goalie.  

• Like (+1) 2

This topic is OLD. A NEW topic should be started unless there is a VERY SPECIFIC REASON to revive this one.