GDT - Bruins at Sabres - November 24, 2021 - 7:00 PM (EST) - MSG and WGR

Sabres Fan in NS

55 minutes ago, inkman said:

Does anyone know why Cozens gets saddled with Caligula and Hiney-Stroka?  

Donnie kinda talked around this on WGR.

Said VO coming back improves the 1st line by adding him, and the 2nd line by adding Asplund and so on, implying Eakin improves the 4th line. He also talked about the Sabres having some real talent that's not here and suggested Tuch and Casey will have similar effects on the lineup.

So my take on your question is that Dylan is the 3C and gets who Donnie perceives as the 3rd best set of wingers.

Will be interesting to see how this manifests itself when Casey and Tuch get back, particularly what happens at centre ice. Does Eakin get pushed out and Dylan down, or does one of the current top 3 centres get moved over to wing?

I think we might see the Kyle/Dylan/Zemgus line a few of you have been clamouring for, which, in my mind, would be a helluva 3rd line.

Edited by dudacek
  • Like (+1) 1

13 minutes ago, OverPowerYou said:

So this is kind of irrelevant but didn’t want to start a new topic. With the Stanley cup playoffs/finals being on espn and no longer on nbc, will I be able to watch playoffs this year without some type of subscription to espn? 

as long as they're on ESPN and not just ESPN+

6 minutes ago, dudacek said:

Skinner Thompson Olofsson

Asplund Mitts Tuch

Zemgus Cozens Okposo

Caggiula Bjork Eakin Hinostroza

Is something I wouldn't mind watching.

On any given night any one of those top 3 lines could be the top line.  Whichever lone ends up #3 in usage just might be a matchup advantage.

• Like (+1) 1

Just now, Weave said:

On any given night any one of those top 3 lines could be the top line.  Whichever lone ends up #3 in usage just might be a matchup advantage.

Certainly seems to be the direction Donnie wants to go.

Next season you bring some of the kids to replace the bottom 4 and it gets really interesting.

34 minutes ago, dudacek said:

Donnie kinda talked around this on WGR.

Said VO coming back improves the 1st line by adding him, and the 2nd line by adding Asplund and so on, implying Eakin improves the 4th line. He also talked about the Sabres having some real talent that's not here and suggested Tuch and Casey will have similar effects on the lineup.

So my take on your question is that Dylan is the 3C and gets who Donnie perceives as the 3rd best set of wingers.

Will be interesting to see how this manifests itself when Casey and Tuch get back, particularly what happens at centre ice. Does Eakin get pushed out and Dylan down, or does one of the current top 3 centres get moved over to wing?

I think we might see the Kyle/Dylan/Zemgus line a few of you have been clamouring for, which, in my mind, would be a helluva 3rd line.

The easy call is that Girgensons goes back to W and Cozens takes his spot.

An less obvious choice is putting the Eakin checking line back together and having Cozens center Asplund & one of R2 Rou2, Quinn, Caggiula, or Hinestroza (preference in that order).  As to Quinn being that choice, remember Tuch isn't expected until after the February shutdown.  Quinn or Peterka should be ready by then if management wants to give one a taste.

47 minutes ago, Zamboni said:

I never pegged you as someone who drives a rollerskate 😇

And get that gas cover fixed. 😉

To the first part:  I can understand, since I'm 6-2, 230.  But really it's more than big enough in the front seats.  My wife has a Ford Escape for when we need more room.

To the second:  He just had it open as part of the inspection.

1 hour ago, Brawndo said:

Needs some practices first per Casey 

Artuu will be playing wing tonight per Granato 

On which line (since the tweet showed him as an extra)?

1 hour ago, OverPowerYou said:

So this is kind of irrelevant but didn’t want to start a new topic. With the Stanley cup playoffs/finals being on espn and no longer on nbc, will I be able to watch playoffs this year without some type of subscription to espn? 

Maybe they will air on ABC?

1 hour ago, Hank said:

Skinner mitts tuch

Asplund Thompson olofsson

Peterka Krebs Quinn

Girgs cozens okposo

I think that group could make the playoffs next year 

fify

As much as I hate putting Cozens on the 4th line, I think that's really how that lineup would shake out.  Think of Vanek-Roy-Afinogenov and how much fun they were in a 3rd line role.

49 minutes ago, sabresouth said:

Actually his is the truck up on the lift🤣

Nope.  It's the Fiat.

7 minutes ago, The Ghost of Yuri said:

fify

As much as I hate putting Cozens on the 4th line, I think that's really how that lineup would shake out.  Think of Vanek-Roy-Afinogenov and how much fun they were in a 3rd line role.

Nope.  It's the Fiat.

I think maybe you're giving too much weight to line numbers? I think the cozens line would be the shut down line and their TOI would reflect the other teams top line, at least on home ice. Because of that I wouldn't label them a 4th line. Not in the traditional sense. 

• Like (+1) 1

19 minutes ago, The Ghost of Yuri said:

fify

Nope.  It's the Fiat.

Our son drives a fiat. He likes his a lot. Good gas mileage.

• Like (+1) 1

So the Bruins can't score. They play good D but they are getting little from Hall and the other guys they picked up and basically have no scoring after the big line. So if you can shut down the perfection line you win. Trouble is last time we didn't shut down the perfection line so this game is on whoever plays against them.

Bruins shouldn't be taking us lightly though as I'm sure Cassidy wasn't happy after the Calgary game. Wouldn't be surprised if they have done some line juggling for this one. Might come down to what we see out of Ullmark. We will definitely need better goaltending than we've seen last couple games to have a chance.

• Like (+1) 1

Just want to add this Peterka-Krebs-Quinn line is a fantasy idea that is unlikely to happen any time soon. I doubt very much they will all be ready or able at the same time.

I suspect we see Quinn first. Maybe later this year. Peterka later unless injuries bring him in for an earlier look and Krebs, not yet, not sure when if ever. 

I don't like the idea of Zemgus-Cozens-Okposo. I'd rather see Cozens grow with better faster younger players. Eventually I see Cozens with Quinn, in the meantime it's unfortunate he doesn't have better wingers to play with.

• Like (+1) 1

17 minutes ago, sabresouth said:

Our son drives a fiat. He likes his a lot. Good gas mileage.

Mine is 8 years old and all I've done is oil changes and one set of tires.  Still has original brakes and clutch.  I got a manual transmission, a lot more fun to drive with an underpowered engine.

• Like (+1) 2

2 minutes ago, The Ghost of Yuri said:

Mine is 8 years old and all I've done is oil changes and one set of tires.  Still has original brakes and clutch.  I got a manual transmission, a lot more fun to drive with an underpowered engine.

Our sons is a manual as well. Definitely helped with his speeding problem. Hasn't gotten a ticket since he's had it. Couple of years now.

• Haha (+1) 1

This topic is OLD. A NEW topic should be started unless there is a VERY SPECIFIC REASON to revive this one.