GDT - Bruins at Sabres - November 24, 2021 - 7:00 PM (EST) - MSG and WGR

Sabres Fan in NS

23 minutes ago, Brawndo said:

I smoked the first turkey tonight, will do the second tomorrow afternoon and whipped up a few batches of cocktails. 

I’m brining my turkey in a bag. Of course, the bag ripped on the bottom side. So I used my daughter’s hair ties on both sides, like a hard candy, to seal it. First time doing this. 

• Thanks (+1) 1

Same old same old. We simply cannot play against solid defensive teams that drive the net with their physicality. It will be a long second half of the season. Some actual goaltending might have made it closer, but we were not in this game after about the first 5 minutes or so. 

Probably meaningless but slightly irritating observation, too much smiling on the bench after falling behind 4-1. Tanking going to result in teaching this next young core to be okay with losing like they did with the last young core? Hope not. Probably not a big thing, but it irritated me. 

• Like (+1) 5

43 minutes ago, kas23 said:

There’s gonna come a time when there no more manuals made. I drive a manual 2008 BMW 328xi. It’s not made anymore. 

That's part of the reason I bought this car.  I was also looking at a Ford Fiesta.  I called and told them I wanted to drive a manual transmission, they said they would have one available.  I got there and all they had were automatics.  The salesman pleaded with me not to cancel the test drive so I tried it out.  When we were done I told him he blew a sale because he couldn't get me what I wanted.

3 minutes ago, PerreaultForever said:

Same old same old. We simply cannot play against solid defensive teams that drive the net with their physicality. It will be a long second half of the season. Some actual goaltending might have made it closer, but we were not in this game after about the first 5 minutes or so. 

Probably meaningless but slightly irritating observation, too much smiling on the bench after falling behind 4-1. Tanking going to result in teaching this next young core to be okay with losing like they did with the last young core? Hope not. Probably not a big thing, but it irritated me. 

It irritated  me as well. Losing should never be tolerated. Who knows maybe someone farted ? Damn I hate this lose n learn mantra that this team is going with. Feels too much like a tank. And with the lowest common denominator goaltending it feels even more like a set up to fail situation. I get the development aspect to what KA is touting but I think the development happens faster with competent goaltending and the occasional win.

• Like (+1) 2
  • Awesome! (+1) 1
  • Thanks (+1) 1

8 minutes ago, The Ghost of Yuri said:

That's part of the reason I bought this car.  I was also looking at a Ford Fiesta.  I called and told them I wanted to drive a manual transmission, they said they would have one available.  I got there and all they had were automatics.  The salesman pleaded with me not to cancel the test drive so I tried it out.  When we were done I told him he blew a sale because he couldn't get me what I wanted.

Typical car salesman tactic. Do the bait and switch and hope the customer acts irrationally and just buys the car. Reminds me of when I bought my first car. It was an order, not a car they had on their lot. A month went by, nothing. Turns out they never put the order in thinking I would eventually cave for the more expensive model on their lot. They were dead wrong. 

4 minutes ago, bunomatic said:

It irritated  me as well. Losing should never be tolerated. Who knows maybe someone farted ? Damn I hate this lose n learn mantra that this team is going with. Feels too much like a tank. And with the lowest common denominator goaltending it feels even more like a set up to fail situation. I get the development aspect to what KA is touting but I think the development happens faster with competent goaltending and the occasional win.

Possible tank for what though?  After Jack didn't pan out and the rather unpromising eye test on Dahlin (I'm sure someone can conjure up statistics to indicate a positive path of trajectory but whatever) I now have little faith in numero unos in the draft especially when it comes to this organization.

• Like (+1) 1

36 minutes ago, Indabuff said:

Possible tank for what though?  After Jack didn't pan out and the rather unpromising eye test on Dahlin (I'm sure someone can conjure up statistics to indicate a positive path of trajectory but whatever) I now have little faith in numero unos in the draft especially when it comes to this organization.

KA is collecting marbles so his marble bag gets fuller. I get it that we need depth and the more promising prospects we collect the better the odds we’ll improve the big club yada yada yada. But it sure would be nice for the shiny new toys to learn in a winning environment  and not get used to losing. Competent goaltending would go a long way to helping make that happen. 

• Like (+1) 1

1 hour ago, PerreaultForever said:

There’s a scene in ‘Moneyball’ where Billy Beane (Brad Pitt) walks into the A’s locker room following a loss to find them laughing and dancing to music on a boom box. Beane calmly walks over to a rack, grabs a bat and smashes the ***** out of the boom box. The players are all staring at him, stunned. He waits a few seconds in the continued silence, then says “that’s what losing sounds like” before walking off. I’d like Granato to watch that scene.

Edited by HumanSlinky39
  • Like (+1) 3
  • Awesome! (+1) 3

This topic is OLD. A NEW topic should be started unless there is a VERY SPECIFIC REASON to revive this one.