So who is going to be the new goalie?

Flashsabre

2 hours ago, Huckleberry said:

Well he already stated he would have signed long term 2 years ago if he could.  And he would have been a crucial part of this team anyway if still here.

It’s extremely easy to say you would’ve accepted a long-term deal after you’ve been traded. He sure didn’t give off this vibe at his end of the year presser. 

• Like (+1) 1

9 hours ago, kas23 said:

It’s extremely easy to say you would’ve accepted a long-term deal after you’ve been traded. He sure didn’t give off this vibe at his end of the year presser. 

We are talking 2 years ago, he pretty much said he would have if not for the 2 year deal and the 1 year deal.   The team went after Hall instead of giving Reinhart a long term deal.

• Thanks (+1) 1

2 minutes ago, Flashsabre said:

Dallas is in a pickle. They can’t bring back Bishop off of IR because of a cap squeeze.

They have Oettinger playing well, Holtby playing well, Khudobin stinking and Bishop looking to come back.

Something has got to give there.

I would gladly take Holtby or Bishop over what we have.

Get one for a 4th round pick and take an over priced aging vet that isn't worth his $$$ for his play but brings a ton of good character to the locker room. That's my KA plan.

• Like (+1) 2

3 hours ago, Flashsabre said:

Dallas is in a pickle. They can’t bring back Bishop off of IR because of a cap squeeze.

They have Oettinger playing well, Holtby playing well, Khudobin stinking and Bishop looking to come back.

Something has got to give there.

I would gladly take Holtby or Bishop over what we have.

I was looking at them too. They can't just stop playing Oettinger while he's hot.

I'm wary that teams won't want to trade goalies this season with the uncertainty of Covid-19 but Dallas has a glut of them so hopefully they will let one go eventually.  

2 hours ago, dudacek said:

Neither Holtby, nor Koskinen are good.

Until you compare them to Dell.

If Dell had Tokarski’s .904 save % it would mean 4.5 fewer goals against in the games Dell has played. Maybe that equals 2-4 points in the standings from the Leaf and Ranger games.

Jonas Johansson currently has a .905 save %. 

On 11/23/2021 at 11:12 AM, Buffalonill said:

Yeah good luck with that wife 

If I was lucky to find a wife like her, I’d probably agree with her too. 

On 11/23/2021 at 11:48 AM, In The Buff said:

exactly! They knew what our goaltending would be going into this season & this is what they wanted.

We're spending $2,127,500 on both of our goaltenders. Only Arizona spends less. You get what you pay for & this was a strategic decision.

It'd make absolutely no sense to suddenly break from their plan & make a move for another goalie. Unless we're talking Kenny who works in the concession stand or some other scrub who'd cost peanuts.

I’ve seen what they charge for peanuts at Sabres games, and it’s outside of my budget. 

• Haha (+1) 1

This topic is OLD. A NEW topic should be started unless there is a VERY SPECIFIC REASON to revive this one.