So who is going to be the new goalie?

Flashsabre

1 minute ago, Zamboni said:

I don’t want Ryan Miller here as a goalie coach… Just because he’s an ex-Sabre. That would be the ultimate weakest reason to hire him as a goalie coach.

Does he have any kind of history at all… Of being able to actually coach the goalie position?Does he have any kind of history at all… Of being able to actually coach the goalie position?

there’s also something to be said that… You can only squeeze so much blood from a stone with the talent level of our current goalies. I don’t know if the best goalie coach in the world… Could make our current goalies that much better. A little bit better? Sure possibly. 

Yeah i tend to agree.  Some kind of brand ambassador maybe but why would i hire a coach who's never coached?

1 minute ago, Buffalonill said:

You guys honestly think they will bring in a Goalie ? They don't care about winning 

For the fans!  We deserve better lol

26 minutes ago, Buffalonill said:

You guys honestly think they will bring in a Goalie ? They don't care about winning 

exactly! They knew what our goaltending would be going into this season & this is what they wanted.

We're spending $2,127,500 on both of our goaltenders. Only Arizona spends less. You get what you pay for & this was a strategic decision.

It'd make absolutely no sense to suddenly break from their plan & make a move for another goalie. Unless we're talking Kenny who works in the concession stand or some other scrub who'd cost peanuts.

• Like (+1) 3

33 minutes ago, Buffalonill said:

They care about developing their precious youth though.  We’ve already seen what a no hope environment does to developing young stars.

• Like (+1) 3

1 hour ago, lost in dc said:

Miller should be hired by the team to either be a goalie consultant (fly in once a month and work with all of them) or as THE goalie coach.

Mike Bales is fine.  He is trying to make a silk purse out of the sow's ears which the GM gave him.

• Like (+1) 3

2 minutes ago, bob_sauve28 said:

Holtby has been bad for awhile. Or did he improve lately? 

He sucks.

Tuuka Rask is an UFA coming off hip surgery to repair a torn labrum.    He wants to sign with BOS tho.

"I was told originally that the timeline for him to return to play -- wherever that is, whether it's Boston or somewhere else -- would be January to February. I guess the best I can tell you is he's on target for that," Bruins coach Bruce Cassidy said Tuesday.

4 hours ago, The Ghost of Doohickie said:

At the risk of being banned for suggesting another Carter, I suggest our very own @darksabre.

Also, I think that @PromoTheRobot is a goaler, but his knees are shot, well replaced already.  He might have a few wins left in him.

I've been debating giving it another go. I need the exercise.  I'd have to change how I play totally though. First step is trying a few stick-n-puck sessions.

Edited by PromoTheRobot
  • Like (+1) 1

3 hours ago, The Ghost of Doohickie said:

JBOT had two summers too, maybe even 3.  It's all a blury haze.  Too bad it's not purple.

And let's not forget that other useless idiot of a GM that shall remain nameless.  And the guy before him too.

The goaltending has been an issue since Miller was banished to Southern California.

Therefore, that is where the bar should be set?  

3 minutes ago, pi2000 said:

He sucks.

Tuuka Rask is an UFA coming off hip surgery to repair a torn labrum.    He wants to sign with BOS tho.

"I was told originally that the timeline for him to return to play -- wherever that is, whether it's Boston or somewhere else -- would be January to February. I guess the best I can tell you is he's on target for that," Bruins coach Bruce Cassidy said Tuesday.

Interesting 

3 hours ago, lost in dc said:

Miller should be hired by the team to either be a goalie consultant (fly in once a month and work with all of them) or as THE goalie coach.

Disagree.  Bales has gotten far more out of the guys he's been given to work with than anybody had a reasonable expectation to achieve.

• Like (+1) 2

4 hours ago, The Ghost of Doohickie said:

JBOT had two summers too, maybe even 3.  It's all a blury haze.  Too bad it's not purple.

And let's not forget that other useless idiot of a GM that shall remain nameless.  And the guy before him too.

The goaltending has been an issue since Miller was banished to Southern California.

I was at the dentist recently and as the nitrous was about to be applied, I said to the hygienist, "Excuse me while I kiss the sky" -- and got a blank stare.  I said "please tell me you get that," and she said she didn't.  Not as big a bummer as the dentistry itself, but still.

• Like (+1) 1

1 hour ago, nfreeman said:

I was at the dentist recently and as the nitrous was about to be applied, I said to the hygienist, "Excuse me while I kiss the sky" -- and got a blank stare.  I said "please tell me you get that," and she said she didn't.  Not as big a bummer as the dentistry itself, but still.

Dude.

You're old.

You probably still have the original black disc-ey thing those lyrics are sung on. Which you play on an equally old table that spins around. 

jimi hendrix GIF

Edited by woods-racer

3 hours ago, In The Buff said:

exactly! They knew what our goaltending would be going into this season & this is what they wanted.

Do you really think that was their plan though? 

I'd make a pretty good guess their actual plan was to sign Ullmark to be the guy for the next 3ish years while they developed the young guys but they cocked it up and then this became their plan. If you can call it a plan at all. 

• Like (+1) 4

14 minutes ago, woods-racer said:

Dude.

You're old.

You problem still have the original black disc-ey thing those lyrics are sung on. Which you play on an equally old table that spins around. 

No argument that I'm old, but still.  This isn't a teenage girl we're talking about, or a B side from a marginal Rush single -- this was a 32-ish woman, and it was Purple Haze.  I'm entitled to expect her to be familiar with Stairway to Heaven, Sympathy for the Devil, Baba O'Riley and Purple Haze.  Otherwise how can I trust her with anesthesia or sharp instruments?

• Like (+1) 3

10 minutes ago, nfreeman said:

No argument that I'm old, but still.  This isn't a teenage girl we're talking about, or a B side from a marginal Rush single -- this was a 32-ish woman, and it was Purple Haze.  I'm entitled to expect her to be familiar with Stairway to Heaven, Sympathy for the Devil, Baba O'Riley and Purple Haze.  Otherwise how can I trust her with anesthesia or sharp instruments?

Those songs are old enough that you shouldn’t trust someone with sharp instruments if they are familiar with them.

#shakeyhands

#essentialtremors

Edited by Weave

23 minutes ago, PerreaultForever said:

I'd make a pretty good guess their actual plan was to sign Ullmark to be the guy for the next 3ish years while they developed the young guys but they cocked it up and then this became their plan. If you can call it a plan at all. 

Exactly.  They had no plan B if Ullmark walked.  I would have walked also.  Just think of how much better things would have been last year had they just made a waiver claim for Nedeljkovic.

Edited by GASabresIUFAN
  • Like (+1) 2

26 minutes ago, PerreaultForever said:

Agee. Not sure Ulmark ever was going to sign. Where they messed up was letting him get to fee agency. Having said that I'm not the biggest fan of giving him what he got. To inconsistent and injuries worried me. He could be lights out in stretches and not so great at times. Don't look at him as long time #1 personally.

• Like (+1) 1

41 minutes ago, PerreaultForever said:

They cocked it up 2 years ago when both Samson and Linus would have signed long term deals.    Before Jack said he wanted out.

• Like (+1) 1

This topic is OLD. A NEW topic should be started unless there is a VERY SPECIFIC REASON to revive this one.