So who is going to be the new goalie?

Flashsabre

It is obvious that the goaltending is letting this organization down. Waiting for UPL to suddenly turn it around and be ready isn’t sound strategy. Adams need to get someone in here to stabilize the net for a while.

I really wanted Vladar before Calgary grabbed him. I’m not sure who they are going to look at but Georgiev and Korpisalo are not the answers.

Edited by Flashsabre

I disagree with those that think nothing will happen in net. The young kids development is stunted if they are constantly losing games because goaltending is failing. This is not a year to straight tank. There is no McDavid and the talent is spread pretty deep.

The team to look at is Dallas. Ottenger is playing great for them plus they have Khudobin, Holtby and Bishop returning sometime soon. Four NHL quality goalies and only two spots. Khudobin is the one having the rough year statistically and Bishop is a wildcard. They aren’t moving Ottenger.

Lets start talking about fixing the goaltending next summer, because anything short of a Christmas miracle, the Sabres #1 and #2 goalies for 21-22 are not on the roster or organization currently. 

This will be summer #3 for KA to address this shortcoming. 

Edited by LabattBlue

29 minutes ago, LabattBlue said:

Lets start talking about fixing the goaltending next summer, because anything short of a Christmas miracle, the Sabres #1 and #2 goalies for 21-22 are not on the roster or organization currently. 

This will be summer #3 for KA to address this shortcoming. 

IMHO, that's two summers too many.

• Like (+1) 2
  • Awesome! (+1) 1

28 minutes ago, Marvin, Sabres Fan said:

IMHO, that's two summers too many.

JBOT had two summers too, maybe even 3.  It's all a blury haze.  Too bad it's not purple.

And let's not forget that other useless idiot of a GM that shall remain nameless.  And the guy before him too.

The goaltending has been an issue since Miller was banished to Southern California.

1 minute ago, The Ghost of Doohickie said:

JBOT had two summers too, maybe even 3.  It's all a blury haze.  Too bad it's not purple.

And let's not forget that other useless idiot of a GM that shall remain nameless.  And the guy before him too.

The goaltending has been an issue since Miller was banished to Southern California.

Technically, he was banished to Missouri. For that matter, maybe we've been looking at the O'Reilly trade wrong; that was balancing out the Miller trade which went badly for the Blues, IIRC.

3 minutes ago, MattPie said:

Technically, he was banished to Missouri. For that matter, maybe we've been looking at the O'Reilly trade wrong; that was balancing out the Miller trade which went badly for the Blues, IIRC.

Details, details ...

My ranting and raving still stands, eh?

Was the growth of these young, oh so vulnerable, made of fine porcelain players stunted earlier in the season when our goalies were standing on their heads in the face of the little to non existent goal support these tender little players provided?

• Like (+1) 1

I think you gotta try something.  Tokarski isn't good, but he's at least shown some ability.  He's a 50/50 proposition most nights, and most nights he doesn't kill you (obviously coming off his worst start of the year).

Dell on the other hand... yikes.  0 confidence, 0 feel, always out of position, and sloppy as hell.  

A change needs to be made there - hes brutal.  Whats dubnyk doin?  does he wanna make an easy 750k to roll out there 20 times?

16 minutes ago, lost in dc said:

Miller should be hired by the team to either be a goalie consultant (fly in once a month and work with all of them) or as THE goalie coach.

I don’t want Ryan Miller here as a goalie coach… Just because he’s an ex-Sabre. That would be the ultimate weakest reason to hire him as a goalie coach.

Does he have any kind of history at all… Of being able to actually coach the goalie position?

there’s also something to be said that… You can only squeeze so much blood from a stone with the talent level of our current goalies. I don’t know if the best goalie coach in the world… Could make our current goalies that much better. A little bit better? Sure possibly. 

Edited by Zamboni

This topic is OLD. A NEW topic should be started unless there is a VERY SPECIFIC REASON to revive this one.