GDT 11/22/21 - Columbus Blue Jackets @ Buffalo Sabres 7:00 MSG

inkman

3 minutes ago, bob_sauve28 said:

Oh ya, and then there Rob Ray 

I enjoy listening to Rob Ray. I like his unpolished goofy style.

Dunleavy on the other hand is straight up awful both technically and in his style. I think Duffer should be the guy instead of him. Hell, I'd take Captain Vanilla Kevin Sylvester over Dunleavy.

• Like (+1) 1

1 minute ago, JoeSchmoe said:

I enjoy listening to Rob Ray. I like his unpolished goofy style.

Dunleavy on the other hand is straight up awful both technically and in his style. I think Duffer should be the guy instead of him. Hell, I'd take Captain Vanilla Kevin Sylvester over Dunleavy.

I really like Ray, he just can't carry his line and needs better players to be successful.

Edited by woods-racer

7 minutes ago, JoeSchmoe said:

Can I just say Dunleavy sucks really badly?

We had Ted Darling and Rick Jenarette forever.  

Tough job for anyone to fill.   I think his voice tone and his pace  is fine. He is just not considered cool, no one likes his sayings.  I don’t have a problem with him.  

• Thanks (+1) 1

3 minutes ago, Pimlach said:

Tough job for anyone to fill.   I think his voice tone and his pace  is fine. He is just not considered cool, no one likes his sayings.  I don’t have a problem with him.  

When the Sabres are pressing, there's no change in emotion at all. He could do more to get us excited. He also skips many, many plays that 104 year old RJ is still quick enough to call.

I'd agree there's tough shoes to fill, but in the times over the years that Duffer has stepped in, he's been more than serviceable. 

• Thanks (+1) 1

18 minutes ago, JoeSchmoe said:

Can I just say Dunleavy sucks really badly?

I finally got the radio experience on SiriusXM on the way home.  I can verify this.

12 minutes ago, PromoTheRobot said:

Actually he does. Watch him in the offensive zone. When there's a race to puck to the boards he often wins.

and then?

This topic is OLD. A NEW topic should be started unless there is a VERY SPECIFIC REASON to revive this one.