Sabres “discounted” tickets through the BN

LabattBlue

5 minutes ago, LabattBlue said:

Starting at $58.  Where is the discount?😂

Ooooh…home games before and after turkey day?  Ultra platinum pricing.  The staffers who came up with this ridiculous platform should all be fired.

092AEFA7-D0D6-4DBD-B7FD-A1BF2348D8FB.png

$17 and $29 for Columbus and Kraken though.

• Like (+1) 1

9 minutes ago, Curt said:

$17 and $29 for Columbus and Kraken though.

I can see that. It’s just the notion of sticking it up the a$$ of the fanbase just because a game is on a certain day of the week. 

I’ve got a feeling that these feeble attendance numbers are going to be their justification for selling the team within the next two years

Edited by LabattBlue

48 minutes ago, LabattBlue said:

I can see that. It’s just the notion of sticking it up the a$$ of the fanbase just because a game is on a certain day of the week. 

I’ve got a feeling that these feeble attendance numbers are going to be their justification for selling the team within the next two years

Why would they need a justification for selling the team?

Not offering a discount for certain games, is far from an injustice.

1 minute ago, Curt said:

Why would they need a justification for selling the team?

Not offering a discount for certain games, is far from an injustice.

Have you looked at the dynamic pricing scheme?  It is a kick in the nuts to the fans who supported the team during the Pegula era of futility. If you are okay with it, then good for you.  I’m not.  They took more than enough of my money with little bang for my buck.  

As far as my hunch about selling the team, seeing how they still own the Bills, I would think if they do decide to sell, they would want to spin it in a way that does not make them seem like terrible owners…which they have been 

Just now, dudacek said:

Wait, we’re bitching about $58 tickets for NHL hockey game?

Last time I went to see one here I couldn’t get a seat anywhere in the house for less than $80.

For the product on the ice?  The worst seats in the house starting at $58.  Yeah..I’m bitching.  😂

1 minute ago, LabattBlue said:

Have you looked at the dynamic pricing scheme?  It is a kick in the nuts to the fans who supported the team during the Pegula era of futility. If you are okay with it, then good for you.  I’m not.  They took more than enough of my money with little bang for my buck.  

As far as my hunch about selling the team, seeing how they still own the Bills, I would think if they do decide to sell, they would want to spin it in a way that does not make them seem like terrible owners…which they have been 

I have not really looked at the dynamic pricing setup.  I assume that tickets they judge to have a higher demand are priced higher.

Is this out of the ordinary for pro sports teams?  When did the Sabres start doing this?

Selling a team doesn’t make you a terrible owner, IMO.  I don’t think that accusing Sabres fans of being poor fans and not supporting the team would be a very good way to stay in the good graces of Bills fans.

What do you expect to pay, I’m genuinely asking.

I know things are nowhere near this simple, but at $58 a fan, a full 18,000-seat arena equals about $1million a night. And an $80 million payroll also equals about $1 million a night on player costs.

Obviously there are other costs and revenues, but given the cost of running an NHL franchise, $58 doesn’t seem out of line.

Maybe Im skewed from living in the Vancouver market, which has to be one of the stronger hockey markets in the world, but I feeling like $58 is something I would have been paying 20 years ago.

Edited by dudacek

40 minutes ago, dudacek said:

What do you expect to pay, I’m genuinely asking.

I know things are nowhere near this simple, but at $58 a fan, a full 18,000-seat arena equals about $1million a night. And an $80 million payroll also equals about $1 million a night on player costs.

Obviously there are other costs and revenues, but given the cost of running an NHL franchise, $58 doesn’t seem out of line.

Maybe Im skewed from living in the Vancouver market, which has to be one of the stronger hockey markets in the world, but I feeling like $58 is something I would have been paying 20 years ago.

If this was a competitive team, I would be willing to pay $40-50 for the “worst” seats in the arena.  I am talking upper reaches of 300 level where Sabres only shoot once.  Throw in parking and food and drink, and it is still $100 minimum. 

Keep in mind prices go up quickly in the better sections of the 300 level, and a lot more in 100 and 200 levels

51 minutes ago, LabattBlue said:

If this was a competitive team, I would be willing to pay $40-50 for the “worst” seats in the arena.  I am talking upper reaches of 300 level where Sabres only shoot once.  Throw in parking and food and drink, and it is still $100 minimum. 

Keep in mind prices go up quickly in the better sections of the 300 level, and a lot more in 100 and 200 levels

That’s what you are willing to pay, but is that realistic?

If it’s typical, does it raise the question of whether Buffalo can support an NHL hockey team?

(Im not arguing what tickets should cost, just what the economics of the NHL demand)

• Like (+1) 1

1 hour ago, dudacek said:

That’s what you are willing to pay, but is that realistic?

If it’s typical, does it raise the question of whether Buffalo can support an NHL hockey team?

(Im not arguing what tickets should cost, just what the economics of the NHL demand)

Just checked Florida Panthers tix for next Wednesday against the Flyers.  Tickets from the box office all over their upper bowl for $45.  

20 minutes ago, LabattBlue said:

Just checked Florida Panthers tix for next Wednesday against the Flyers.  Tickets from the box office all over their upper bowl for $45.  

With all due respect, that is the Florida Panthers, a market that is as weak as Vancouver is strong.

I meant support, not hang on.

This topic is OLD. A NEW topic should be started unless there is a VERY SPECIFIC REASON to revive this one.