NLL new TV deal with ESPN networks

PromoTheRobot

9 minutes ago, PromoTheRobot said:

The team’s ownership group includes Wayne Gretzky, Dustin Johnson, Steve Nash and Joe Tsai...the same Joe Tsai we were speculating was buying all or part of the Sabres.

With that making 16 teams, hopefully the league is done expanding for a while.

The Bandits WILL lose somebody good in the expansion draft.

And Saturday is the RS finale which very well could be a preview of the Eastern Conference Championship as the Bandits are locked into home field throughout the playoffs & the Rock are locked into 2nd in the conference.

40 minutes ago, Taro T said:

With that making 16 teams, hopefully the league is done expanding for a while.

The Bandits WILL lose somebody good in the expansion draft.

And Saturday is the RS finale which very well could be a preview of the Eastern Conference Championship as the Bandits are locked into home field throughout the playoffs & the Rock are locked into 2nd in the conference.

Actually LV makes 15 so there's room for one more. I was hoping they would revive the New England franchise. Manchester, NH has an empty 10K arena since the Monarchs left.

• Thanks (+1) 1

Just now, PromoTheRobot said:

Actually LV makes 15 so there's room for one more. I was hoping they would revive the New England franchise. Manchester, NH has an empty 10K arena since the Monarchs left.

With God as my witness, thought there were 7 teams in the West.  (Where's the d'oh smiley when you really need it?)

🍺

Just now, Taro T said:

With God as my witness, thought there were 7 teams in the West.  (Where's the d'oh smiley when you really need it?)

🍺

Team #16 has to be out west or else they will have a real headache creating divisions. It'll be hard if they try to do 3 divisions of 5. Some team will be the oddball.

• Like (+1) 1

10 minutes ago, PromoTheRobot said:

Team #16 has to be out west or else they will have a real headache creating divisions. It'll be hard if they try to do 3 divisions of 5. Some team will be the oddball.

Agree that 16'll set up out west when it eventually gets added.

Can't see them doing 3-5's when they've just run w/ 8 & 6.  Expecting it'll be 8-7 for now.  Will be interesting if the 4th West playoff spot is still a Wild Card or if they say 8-7 is close enough the the West doesn't have a significantly unfair advantage any more.

Bandits blew an early 5-1 lead and 7-5 lead heading into the final Q at home against the Rock to finish 14-4.  They'd already clinched home field throughout the playoffs but you never want to lose to your rivals like tat heading into the playoffs.

Filly & Albany won, so Buffalo will host one of those in the 1st round.  Not sure which one as they both finished 9-9 as did Georgia.

I haven’t been to a Bandits game in 10 years.  Not to sound like “old guy”, but do they still blast the music while the play is going on? I never figured it out.  I can see the music during timeouts, but during the play…what is the point?

• Like (+1) 1

Bandits just won 18-17 and lead Toronto 1-0 in the Best-of-3.

During halftime, Budd Bailey said there were some attendance concerns (e.g., Rochester) and that the league is looking for stability.

Edited by Marvin, Sabres Fan

2 hours ago, Marvin, Sabres Fan said:

Bandits just won 18-17 and lead Toronto 1-0 in the Best-of-3.

During halftime, Budd Bailey said there were some attendance concerns (e.g., Rochester) and that the league is looking for stability.

Game was as close as the score indicated.  Toronto put one off the pipe w/ 2.4 seconds left & the rebound went right to one of their better scorers who developed Bitch Barner disease & had it harmlessly bounce away from the net.

Take care of business on Saturday & they have home field in the finals.

This topic is OLD. A NEW topic should be started unless there is a VERY SPECIFIC REASON to revive this one.