NLL new TV deal with ESPN networks

PromoTheRobot

19 hours ago, PromoTheRobot said:

Has there been much (any?) advertising of the Bandits games?

With last year's skipped season & Canadian/ US border restrictions, can believe a lot of people just don't have the Bandits on their radar.  Which is a shame as they are playing very well right now.

• Like (+1) 1

On 2/6/2022 at 7:39 AM, tom webster said:

According to Wikipedia (I know) Bandits are 4th in league averaging over 7K. No one is over 9K.

I just recall the days of 10-12K actual bodies in the arena for the Bandits. Again, is this missing Canadians? I could also see vax mandates impacting the Bandits fan base harder.

• Like (+1) 1

18 hours ago, Taro T said:

Has there been much (any?) advertising of the Bandits games?

With last year's skipped season & Canadian/ US border restrictions, can believe a lot of people just don't have the Bandits on their radar.  Which is a shame as they are playing very well right now.

Yes, I see Bandits ads in my email.

On 2/7/2022 at 9:42 AM, PromoTheRobot said:

Well I guess Saturday's attendance was a bit better than I realized. 🤔

If they count attendance like the NHL teams count attendance, then there was not 9,371 butts in the seats. Maybe they count actual gate and not tickets sold.

Well, as it turns out, the Bandits were on national TV tonight.  I only know this because I stopped into some place (I am out of town right now) to get what has to be one of the top five cheeseburgers in the world, and they were on.  And they won!

Edited by Eleven

9 hours ago, Eleven said:

Well, as it turns out, the Bandits were on national TV tonight.  I only know this because I stopped into some place (I am out of town right now) to get what has to be one of the top five cheeseburgers in the world, and they were on.  And they won!

Interesting.  Watched on ESPN+ & never twigged onto them being on ESPN2 (or whichever ESPN version they were on).  Explains them constantly hyping college basketball when returning from every commercial break.

Bandits continuing their dominance of the Kin-ig-hit Hawks tonight. 14-8 including the penalty shot w/ ~9 seconds left in the game.

Decent crowd.  At least 3x what was there the 1st time these 2 played in the formerly Flour City (now Flower City).  Probably close to 70% of the lower bowl full and ~ 1/2 full near midfield in the 200's.  At least 50% of that was Bandit fans.  What can you say, we travel well.

Both goalies were ridiculously sharp in the 1st half.  Vinc gave up 4 goals in a just over 4 minute span in the 4th to let Ra-cha-cha back into it, helped in large part by Hogarth cross checking Robinson in the back to get open for a pass & goal which drew a PP as well when Robinson apparently mentioned something to the ref about his mother having canine roots & at any rate, whether that was legit or not, something about his parents not being wedded at the time of his birth might also have been mentioned.  Hartley let up a bit in the 2nd half, but it ain't easy to shutdown a team w/ as much firepower as the Bandits have for a full 60 minutes.

Several great saves at both ends & Nanticoke had one of the sweetest goals you'll ever see.  Priolo did not make he trip but the D was still solid as ever holding the Hawks to only 8 for the 3rd time this year. 

If you look closely, you might even see ol' Taro in the crowd.

On 2/19/2022 at 8:43 AM, Taro T said:

Interesting.  Watched on ESPN+ & never twigged onto them being on ESPN2 (or whichever ESPN version they were on).  Explains them constantly hyping college basketball when returning from every commercial break.

Wait, they are on ESPN+? Cool. Im going to start looking for them.

• 1 month later...
  • 3 weeks later...
This topic is OLD. A NEW topic should be started unless there is a VERY SPECIFIC REASON to revive this one.