NLL new TV deal with ESPN networks

PromoTheRobot

21 minutes ago, Eleven said:

10 games per year on TV.  I think they've had more than that in the past.

In the distant past, believe that's correct.  But recently it's only been the Championship game.

Altitude shows the Mammoth games, but that's the only team that had a local cable deal AFAIK.

Will be nice to get the Bandits games w/ a reasonably high quality legal streaming service.

• Like (+1) 1

• 4 weeks later...

Amazing goaltending in last night's Bandits - Knighthawks game.  Over 100 shots in total & only 20 goals scored w/ 1 of those coming with the Kin-ig-hits goalie out for an extra attacker.

Bandits won 12-8, but it was really tight through the 1st 3.  3-0 Bandits after 1.  4-3 bad guys after 2.  6-6 through 3.

Nanticoke is a beast.  Was battling through 2 checkers all game.  (And it was a friggin' battle.)

1st 2-0 start for the Bandits in 9 years.

8 minutes ago, Taro T said:

Amazing goaltending in last night's Bandits - Knighthawks game.  Over 100 shots in total & only 20 goals scored w/ 1 of those coming with the Kin-ig-hits goalie out for an extra attacker.

Bandits won 12-8, but it was really tight through the 1st 3.  3-0 Bandits after 1.  4-3 bad guys after 2.  6-6 through 3.

Nanticoke is a beast.  Was battling through 2 checkers all game.  (And it was a friggin' battle.)

1st 2-0 start for the Bandits in 9 years.

That's nice and all, but ...

GO THUNDERBIRDS!!

7 minutes ago, PromoTheRobot said:

Did anyone tell Rochester that the Knighthawks had a game last night?

Pretty sparse crowd.  ~1,500 - 2,000 would be my guess.  About 40% of us in the crowd were Bandit fans.

Building was filled comparably to how the MMArena was against Calgary but the Kin-ig-hit Hawks are essentially still an expansion franchise.  Styres took the real ones to Halifax a few seasons ago.  So, not all that surprising they haven't rebuilt a following.  What's our excuse for last weekend's crowd?

3 minutes ago, Taro T said:

Pretty sparse crowd.  ~1,500 - 2,000 would be my guess.  About 40% of us in the crowd were Bandit fans.

Building was filled comparably to how the MMArena was against Calgary but the Kin-ig-hit Hawks are essentially still an expansion franchise.  Styres took the real ones to Halifax a few seasons ago.  So, not all that surprising they haven't rebuilt a following.  What's our excuse for last weekend's crowd?

That's a mystery. I think you still have a lot of Canadian fans not crossing the border. And maybe mask/vax mandates impact Bandit fans a little more?

• 4 weeks later...
  • 3 weeks later...

Bandits were lucky today they were playing the lowly Riptide.

Vinc, who came in w/ ~0.870 save "percentage" was around 0.650 and the Bandits gave up a shortie & allowed the 'Tide to go 7-9 on the PP.

Trailing 17-14 with ~2:00 to go, they got to 17-15 at 4v4 then got a 5:00 major & a 2:00 minute minor shortly thereafter and ended the game w/ 3 straight PP goals, the last in OT, to win 18-17.

Without the parade to the box, they should've won going away, but lucked into eaking out a W against a bad 2nd year team.

They are the NLL's only undefeated team & 1 of only 3 with 5 wins.

20 minutes ago, bobs0108 said:

They are looking good this year. When that offense is clicking no one will be able to stop them. The refs were calling every little thing this game on both sides

Didn't help the Vinc was letting things in that he normally stops in his sleep.  Fox scoring from behind the crease early set the tone.

On 1/10/2022 at 1:11 PM, I-90 W said:

The NLL is amazing, excited that Albany finally has a team again. Hopefully the ESPN deal will grow the sport, being able to stream all the games so easily is really getting me into it. 

I guess I need to start watching Panther City (Fort Worth).  I was thinking about getting season tix but would like Covid to settle down a bit more in the Lone Star State.

Bandits went into the 4th up 10-4.  Gave up the next 4 goals.  Hung on to win 11-8.

Kin-ig-hit Hawks goalie Hartley stood on his head.  EASILY could've been 16-8 for the good guys.

Fun game.  Couple of fights (well really physical scrums more accurately).  Bandits play the Rock next next Saturday in Hamilton at 5PM.

6-0 baby!

• Like (+1) 1

This topic is OLD. A NEW topic should be started unless there is a VERY SPECIFIC REASON to revive this one.