What Sabres Sweater Would You Choose?

Taro T

I have too many to list, but my favourite is the vintage white Perreault #11 and the oddest is my Armia #33 turdburger.

The current team in transition is tough to pick, but I'd gamble on Cozens and if you want to go a more obscure direction, there's no shame in an Okposo.

Edited by dudacek

1 hour ago, Eleven said:

Tsujimoto 74.

Yeah I can't do that.  

Toyed w/ that idea, didn't think they'd be appreciative of that selection.  "Who's your favorite player?"  The imaginary 1 from 45 years ago.

1 hour ago, That Aud Smell said:

I have a Perreault 11 that the Sabres Alumni group put together as a gift (from my wife) back in the ... goathead days? I'm not sure. It's an approximate vintage jersey - and now has all manner of food stains on it. It is also signed by the man himself (who one day appeared near our seats, having emerged from an Alumni gathering room of some kind on the 200 deck).

And I wouldn't do an RJ, I don't think.

I also have a bootleg Drury that is a somewhat hilarious approximation of the vintage royal road blues. That stays on a hanger.

Agreed - I just can't do it.

We crossed paths with Josh Allen at a Hamburg Village eatery - he and his companion got hung up near us for a minute as we both waited to be seated. My son was just saucer plates for eyes and barely managed a sheepish "hi"; I gave the polite white guy smile (no teeth) and rapid nod, and, God as my witness, asked "how you doin' there, young man." My kid was mortified. I have to admit that, while I obviously did not plan that, it was an affected thing to say -- but I think it came from that awareness that I'm plenty old enough to be QB1's dad.

That'd be fun. Have you ever seen one?

Have, but only once or twice.

• 2 weeks later...

I would agree with those who say no name on the back.

I currently have 4 hockey jerseys (1 being from the Sabres) and all of them are name-less.  I know its different for other people, but when I buy a jersey, I'm all about the design or the team on the front.  Nothing against any particular players, but I never really liked the idea of wearing clothing that had someone else's name on the back, someone who might or might not even be playing for the team on the front for a long time.

If I HAD to pick a name, I would pick someone obscure that you like.  There are just too many Dahlin, Eichel, etc ones out there. If there is that former player that you liked but wasn't a star, or a current player that for some reason you like but isn't that popular or good...I'm being honest I would go with that because there will always be a story attached to it and it will be unique.

Edited by mjd1001

I actually have an answer to this thanks to a great Black Friday sale deal from coolhockey.com. I'm a snob so I always buy my jerseys outside of the normal channels so that the customizations are all hand stitched like the pros. 

So I ordered a Home Blue Okposo. I'm so happy for him getting his game back and he's just so likeable. There's basically no way I'm going to end up not enjoying this jersey. 

https://www.coolhockey.com/us/kyle-okposo-buffalo-sabres-primegreen-adidas-authentic-home-nhl-hockey-jersey.html

• Like (+1) 2

This topic is OLD. A NEW topic should be started unless there is a VERY SPECIFIC REASON to revive this one.