What Sabres Sweater Would You Choose?

Taro T

6 hours ago, Taro T said:

If you were offered a Sabres sweater, who would you choose?

Would you go Mitts, Cozens, or Dahlin?  Or would you go off the board with Tokarski, Rousalainen, Jeanneret, or other?

Thinking of going RJ.

I only own one jersey (Throwback Stevie Johnson) but out of the listed players Cozens would be the choice easily.  I need someone that represents the style of game I enjoy watching.  I can’t imagine donning a Dahlin jersey.  

• Like (+1) 2

4 hours ago, Billznut said:

You can never go wrong with a #11 white old school Perrault jersey. That’s the only Sabres jersey I’ll wear to any future games if I’m wearing a jersey at all. Sadly my 50th anniversary Eichel jersey will have to remain in my closet, which is a shame because that is one sharp jersey. 

I still wear my Stafford Sluggo once in a while.

Never say never.

2 hours ago, Weave said:

Its kind of weird wearng a jersey of a kid half your age. I’d pick one to give away as a gift.

Having said that, my dad bought me an Ott jersey in the clearance sale after he was traded.  It’s an exception I make as 1. He was a grown ass man at the time and not a kid, and 2. There is some humor behind it given his personality and 3. It’s fast approaching obscure, as in Harrington reporting an Ott jersey sighting in the stands.

Taro, if it is a gift and not a give away, I suggest an off the board selection for the notoriety in future days.

8 hours ago, Taro T said:

If you were offered a Sabres sweater, who would you choose?

Would you go Mitts, Cozens, or Dahlin?  Or would you go off the board with Tokarski, Rousalainen, Jeanneret, or other?

Thinking of going RJ.

Tsujimoto 74.

3 hours ago, Weave said:

Its kind of weird wearng a jersey of a kid half your age. I’d pick one to give away as a gift.

Yeah I can't do that.  

• Like (+1) 1
  • Awesome! (+1) 1

7 hours ago, Zamboni said:

No player. 

Unless he’s in the rafters already.

Or RJ.

I have a Perreault 11 that the Sabres Alumni group put together as a gift (from my wife) back in the ... goathead days? I'm not sure. It's an approximate vintage jersey - and now has all manner of food stains on it. It is also signed by the man himself (who one day appeared near our seats, having emerged from an Alumni gathering room of some kind on the 200 deck).

And I wouldn't do an RJ, I don't think.

I also have a bootleg Drury that is a somewhat hilarious approximation of the vintage royal road blues. That stays on a hanger.

3 hours ago, Weave said:

Agreed - I just can't do it.

We crossed paths with Josh Allen at a Hamburg Village eatery - he and his companion got hung up near us for a minute as we both waited to be seated. My son was just saucer plates for eyes and barely managed a sheepish "hi"; I gave the polite white guy smile (no teeth) and rapid nod, and, God as my witness, asked "how you doin' there, young man." My kid was mortified. I have to admit that, while I obviously did not plan that, it was an affected thing to say -- but I think it came from that awareness that I'm plenty old enough to be QB1's dad.

12 minutes ago, Eleven said:

Tsujimoto 74.

That'd be fun. Have you ever seen one?

20 minutes ago, That Aud Smell said:

I have not--and I'm unlikely to buy one.  But it's a solid option.  It avoids wearing a sweater with a young guy's name on it, and it also avoids putting a vintage player's name on a modern sweater.

I only have one sweater with a name and number:  I have the 40th anniversary, which does not look nearly as nice without the nameplate and number on it, and it's a Pominville.  Also, it fell off a truck, so it was a bargain.  My other Sabres sweaters (a red steak knife jersey and an early 90s home white) are blanks.

Edited by Eleven
  • Like (+1) 1

Dahlin I suppose, if I had to pick. I guess as of now he's my favourite of the current players. 

Maybe Assplund

Maybe Toker

..those two spelled that way 

Briere goathead would be cool actually. I don't know that there's a player I have fonder memories of

3 hours ago, Weave said:

It's a little weird wearing a jersey with another man's name on it. Rick might be my only exception, but that's opening up another can o' worms.

3 hours ago, North Buffalo said:

6 you guys gave me mine during my cancer battle Schoenfeld

I love reading about this in the past tense.

27 minutes ago, That Aud Smell said:

I have a Perreault 11 that the Sabres Alumni group put together as a gift (from my wife) back in the ... goathead days? I'm not sure. It's an approximate vintage jersey - and now has all manner of food stains on it. It is also signed by the man himself (who one day appeared near our seats, having emerged from an Alumni gathering room of some kind on the 200 deck).

I also have a bootleg Drury that is a somewhat hilarious approximation of the vintage royal road blues. That stays on a hanger.

We crossed paths with Josh Allen at a Hamburg Village eatery - he and his companion got hung up near us for a minute as we both waited to be seated. My son was just saucer plates for eyes and barely managed a sheepish "hi"; I gave the polite white guy smile (no teeth) and rapid nod, and, God as my witness, asked "how you doin' there, young man." My kid was mortified. I have to admit that, while I obviously did not plan that, it was an affected thing to say -- but I think it came from that awareness that I'm plenty old enough to be QB1's dad.

That's hi-larious. Did you toussle his hair and tell him there's a Wyoming state quarter in your pocket if he wants to reach in and get it?

• Haha (+1) 1

30 minutes ago, That Aud Smell said:

Yes I’ve seen a few fans with a tsujimoto Jersey. 

14 minutes ago, Eleven said:

I have not--and I'm unlikely to buy one.  But it's a solid option.  It avoids wearing a sweater with a young guy's name on it, and it also avoids putting a vintage player's name on a modern sweater.

I only have one sweater with a name and number:  I have the 40th anniversary, which does not look nearly as nice without the nameplate and number on it, and it's a Pominville.  Also, it fell off a truck, so it was a bargain.  My other Sabres sweaters (a red steak knife jersey and an early 90s home white) are blanks.

I really like those steak knife sweaters for some reason. I have a blank home goathead. Probably get a blank royal in a few years. I live in Georgia. When folks ask me about the goathead sweater, I tell them I am a devil worshipper.

• Haha (+1) 1
  • Awesome! (+1) 1

This topic is OLD. A NEW topic should be started unless there is a VERY SPECIFIC REASON to revive this one.